Air con service

Jon B

Reaction score
Hi,

Summer is finally here, so air con is now keeping the car cool instead of demisting!

My B8.5 is nearly 5 years old and I don’t think it has been regassed at any point. It still blows pretty cold, but does sometimes smell a bit fousty.

I don’t usually go to kwik fit or the like, but for an air con regas does it really matter where you go?

Thanks,

Jon

20170930 114339
Get yourself one of these and stick it in much improved than old original

Reactions: rum4mo
For re-gas, maybe a mobile AC fixer would be better, I'd avoid KwikFit, just because we all know they can make a mess of things, Audi dealer - probably same and really fridge systems is "not their bag". So stick with someone that does that sort of work for a living as they will be more clued up on handling recovered gasses and oils and re-charging and adding a drop of the correct oil if necessary, plus, if they find any issues with the system, they will have had the training to sort it correctly.

Edit:- for the nasty smells, buy an AC sanitising "bomb" and set it off as directed on the label and it will kill off all the bugs living in the evaporator area, after that do as suggested above and get a proper cabin filter, ECP is one place that sells them, there will be others.

Reactions: GAS MONKEY
www.carparts4less.co.uk/ have the frecious plus one for £17.30 youse code MAY15 ,for 15% off

Same place will sell the "bomb" for less than £5 ie Normfest Viro, or both from ECP with 35% right now, depending on if you prefer internet sales and delivery or internet sales and collect in the case of ECP.

Edit if you can't find the air con cleaner in carparts4less.co.uk try finding it in ECP website and copy and paste its stock code into carparts4less.co.uk and it will be found.

Last edited:
Just had my Allroad done at Aberdeen Audi for £89 which I thought was pretty good. Avoid the healthcare check. My car passed its MoT a couple of months ago and I service it myself. My god, they are absolute scare-mongers and wanted me to sign some sort of disclaimer. Yes, tyres were down to 3mm, but its legal. Tyres now changed!

Nice smell in the cabin afterwards.