Air con problem

jamessg1962

Reaction score
A3 2.0 tdi Air con has stopped working ie no cold air from anywhere.
Have taken it for a free air con check .They have said there are no problems regarding the refrigerant ,correct pressure's etc ,so they have recomended taking it to the Audi dealers or someone who repairs air con .

I was just wondering is there anything i can check my self before getting stung for £100 an hour labour at the stealers .

when was the last time you used it before it stopped working?

Hardly ever turn it off ,it's only when you get a bit warm weather(not very often in the north of england ) and you find it's not working !

Have you had a look at the FAQs mate?

Two things to check:

Is the ECON light on permanantly?
Does the compressor clutch kick in when ECON is switched on and off?

Sry been on holiday .
Econ light does not stay on .How would i know if the clutch kicks in when on or off .?

Have posted a message on the vag com forum to see if anybody has it in Newcastle .

You can hear it for a start. You'll hear the revs dip a tiny bit and maybe a small clunk. The best way to check is to have someone in the car turn the ECON on and off while you look under the bonnet. The compressor should be to the left of the engine as you look at it. On the front you'll see a belt driving a pulley. When the ECON is switched on and off the clutch on the pulley will pull in and out. Make sure you turn the climate control temp right down though first.