Air con Problem 2006 A3

manor13

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on my air con. I took it to kwik fit to get it regassed as it was blowing out hot air and they did the whole thing and went to test it and they said its not working the machine didn't say anything untowards and there was no charge as it didn't work. the operator thought it was the condensor as he coudn't hear it come on. where is this condensor and could it be something else as it appears the gasses aren't escaping so pipework ok?? really stumped as never had to deal with this type of thing before. its a 2006 a3 2.0 tfsi quattro if that makes any difference.

Looking for some advice on my air con. I took it to kwik fit to get it regassed as it was blowing out hot air and they did the whole thing and went to test it and they said its not working the machine didn't say anything untowards and there was no charge as it didn't work. the operator thought it was the condensor as he coudn't hear it come on. where is this condensor and could it be something else as it appears the gasses aren't escaping so pipework ok?? really stumped as never had to deal with this type of thing before. its a 2006 a3 2.0 tfsi quattro if that makes any difference.

Scan it with vcds as it could be a faulty g65 sensor,lp switch or clutch coil or even the clutch fuse

I had the same issue. My aircon unit wouldn't wake up to even be re-gassed. VCDS showed no faults either. Didn't both getting it fixed as the weather soon got worse, haha.