1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Air Con only really cold on passenger side

JohnnieWalker Sep 14, 2020 at 4:48 PM

1. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Registered User

Hi all, I noticed today that the air conditioning in my car isn't very effective, which I guess could be a number of things, but that the air coming out of the vents on the passenger side was much colder than it was on the drivers side.

I set the temp to "LO" and also to Auto, as this seems to give the best cooling.

Is there a likely or well known cause for this? I have read about the HVAC valves getting stuck, but this seems to cause hot air to be blown in the cabin at all times, and I don't have that problem.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

When was the last time the system serviced? My guess is the gas is low or the compressor is on it's way out.

4. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Registered User

Thanks for replying, to be honest I don't know when the AC was last checked/serviced, got the car earlier this year.

Looks like I'll need to get it looked at by an AC technician.

The last time I had a mobile AC recharge service it turned out to be a broken compressor, so I spent £50 for nothing :(

At least this time I know the compressor is at least doing something as there is some cold air.

I know that the AC system does eventually lose pressure, so hopefully it just needs recharging.