Air con issue

s4mark

Reaction score
Good morning all.
OK, so after 2 years of no air con in the S4 due to a tiny hole in one pipe, I have finally sourced some replacement pipes and new o rings etc. All fitted and gassed up and for the last week I had super chilled air! I noticed at the weekend that it would now only blow cold when driving at speed and warm at idle. Upon further investigation, the smaller fan on the drivers side will no longer work. So my theory now is that either the fan itself is shot, although it still spins by hand, or the fan control module is kaput. The main radiator fan still runs and car doesn't go above 90 degrees or overheat.

So I know that I need to put the car into the service position to be able to disconnect the connectors and test voltages etc.

Before I go down this route, I have been checking any fuses, including the large 50 amp below steering wheel shroud etc and all look fine. Does anyone know if there are any other fuses I need to check etc? Car is 2003 S4 BBK engine.

If anyone has access to a wiring diagram for the fans and ram control module that would be great. I don't have vcds or access to elsa or bentley etc so just thought I would ask on here.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Best have it scanned. it could direct you to exactly where the problem lies. Im sure someone on here could do it for beer money.