Air-Con Issue

A

Arnie2007

Hi guys,

Quite a simple one to post, I have a feeling the problem may not be as simple!

I had the Air-Con regassed last year as it was cool, but not warm (it was about this time last year).

Now we're having the warm weather, I want to use it, but can't. The air being blown in is cool, but not like air-con at all.

I know that when I turn the engine off I can hear the hissing of the system which I know is normal. Are these systems prone to leaking at all? My Golf Mk4 used to leave a little puddle in the drive after use which I know is normal, but the Audi never has-is this normal?

Anyway, my patience is running thin with the car as we've just had a new Turbo plus various other things: is there anything specific I should be looking at? We've just had some work on the EGR cooler, could this have caused this? I would like to think it's something like a little rubber seal-simple!

Any pointers welcomed!
Dan

Needs re gassing again, all systems lose some gas through evaporation over a period of time, the system is not just topped up when you take it in somewhere, they should suck out all the old gas which should then leave a vacuum which should hold for around twenty minuets or so, if it doesn't hold then there's a leak & no point in re gassing it up.

Reactions: carlcall
But should it do it over a year? I know they lose gas over time, but I had my Golf 3 years and didn't re-gas it at all... Don't get me wrong, I don't want it to be worse, just seems a little suspect to lose it that quickly!

I would say that when you had it done last year they were just interested in lining their pockets instead of doing it correctly and checking for leaks. Also if you don't occasionally turn it on the seals will shrink and leak.....some cars have it so that when you have the blower on the screen, it switches the air con on so that it helps and prevents this.

I'm sure you can get an additive to make the seals swell again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is the econ light always on? Mine was stuck in econ mode and couldn't get the light to turn off basically couldn't get the aircon to activate. Turned out was a thrust pressure sensor.

No, Econ light is only on if I physically put it on.

I think for now I need to get it regassed and have it checked for leaks at the same time.

Hopefully it is something simple...