SQ5 Air Con Huge Problem.

RS3 S.

Reaction score
2018 SQ5 9500 miles on the clock & the air con stopped blowing cold. Was booked in for repair at main dealers on the 30th of August & it is still in. Apparentley it's the Evaporator thats gone & to replace it the whole dash & windscreen has to come out!!!!.
Rumor has it that the build quality from the Mexico factory leaves a bit to be desired?. Why Audi chose to have an expensive car made there i do not know apart from i guess the cheaper labour?. Not happy after spending a lot of hard earned money. If any one else has had problems please add to the thread.

Unfortunately sometimes these things happen, I would have thought that Audi would ensure the quality standards are up to the same levels as their european counterparts.
But a pain yes but at least your covered...

.................well after close to 3 weeks still no car back. Apparentley it's a part called the ''evaporator'' thats gone?. The dash & windscreen has had to come out to replace it?. I think there taking the **** now & are only doing the ''warranty'' work when there is quiet time in the workshop. Whole thing has spoilt the ownership & i'm wondering if after all the parts that have been removed if the car will ever be squeak free again?.

These things do happen - my SQ5 has been 99.9% faultless.

Presumably you have a decent loan car?

On the squeak free comment, mine went back for the window regulator recall and now has a rattle in the drivers door when listening to loud bass music.... which is annoying.

I’d take it back but it’s more of a pain.

3 weeks in an A6 soot chucker would have annoyed me by now.

You paid for an 'S' car and should have one as a replacement not some FWD rep mobile.