Air con help

cnut

Reaction score
I have just replaced the g65 sensor which was coming up with an open short to ground error and replaced it with a genuine new one. Whilst I had the old one off I could hear a lot of hissing coming from the valve I removed it from. This went on for about 10-15 minutes until I managed to find the new sensor which I misplaced! I connected it all back up and now vcds is coming up with open short to plus. Is this because the system lost too much pressure and now won't turn on? Will a regas fix this? The old sensor was definitely faulty because it came apart in my hands as I was removing it and the pcb had a burnt out chip.

will defo need a regas
then take it from there

That's what I'm suspecting/ hoping! Has anyone else had a open short to plus when their system needed regassing?

yep when you have no gas in system i believe it will show this fault, youve lost all your gas from the hissing comment so get it regassed and go from there!

Sorry to hijack rhe thread but do any of ypu guys know where the ac compressor fuse and relays are located? Cheers

I just wanted to update this thread. I did some google research on the meaning of the open or short to plus error I was getting and from what I read this error occurs when there is a fault in the wiring.

So I spent yesterday morning looking at the wiring and it all seemed fine other than the loom feeling a bit stretched where it plugs into the sensor (has anyone else noticed this?) I had a hunch this error had to be wrong so I thought I would check the fuses out and hey presto! The 5A fuse for the aircon high pressure sensor had blown! I swapped the fuse round with the fuse for the footwell lights which is the same rating and I scanned again and now it was coming up with Signal too Low which is exactly what I would expect to see if the system needed regassing.

Later on that day I had another fiddle with the car. The ECON light had gone out and VCDS had reported no errors but the fans were blowing out a very mild cold air. I guess this definately confirms my aircon needs regassing? I have booked it in for a regas this week and will confirm if it fixes the problem.

My theory with the fuse blowing is that the old sensor had corroded so badly that it fried the chip inside it and then shorted out.

Note to self - must check fuses more often rather than expecting the worse!

Reactions: TheDriver
If you can wait till winter, kwikfit usually do some good offers.

I had similar issue. I had the econ light last year,took ages to source pressure sensor,and when I did,it was winter.
So just got it regassed (kwick do a deal if its not cooler than it is at the mo,no charge) and to my supprise, cool air.
Very happy chappy.

Air con regassed today and it's all fixed :) Sod's law the weather will probably be crap for the rest of the year now!