Air con disconnect S3 8L 2002

whizz371

Reaction score
Hi All.

I am taking the front off of my S3. When I purchased the car I was told that there was no gas as it had a leak. Could someone tell me the best place to disconnect it from to enable me to take the front off.

Best thing to do is get it filled with nitrogen & dye to about 10psi & check in the dark with a UV torch for leaks before removing anything, most aircon places will do.

I am not worried about it having no gas I just want to disconnect it, to allow me to get the front off. Its not going anywhere at the moment , its sorned with front bumper and wings off.

You don't need to disconnect the AC to remove the front... if you are planning on removing the engine then you can either remove the compressor from the engine to get to it all or if the gas is already out then disconnect from the back of the compressor

You can remove the front clip just leaving the rads... I do this all the time working on mine

<tuffty/>

Reactions: ch1z64
Sorry for the delay in answering. Thanks for the reply. Can I confirm ur say that the rads air con / coolant can stay in place and just remove the pump from the engine or disconnect pipe if no gas in system ?

Hi Tuffty, just seen an earlier post you did containing a link to engine removal, workshop manual. Will work my way through that. Thanks.