1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Air Con Cleaning

s3_trev Dec 1, 2018

1. s3_trev

s3_trev Northern Ireland

Ive decided to give the 'air con bomb' a go, as ive noticed a slight nasty smell in my car.

Can anyone recommend any specific brands? From some quick googling it seems to be a simple enough procedure, with instructions and the best location to place the bomb varying greatly.

I've read its best to remove your pollon/cabin filter first?

If anyone could share any advice before I do this for the first time, that would be super appreciated!

I would quite like one with some type of anti bacterial element too it rather than a glorified air freshener if that makes sense.

Thanks.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. tcardio

tcardio Registered User

Klima clean
    Take out air filter
    Buy plastic tubing
    Put cleaner tube inside plastic tubing
    Feed towards drivers side and discharge to evaporator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Retroman

Retroman Audi A3 2010 Sportback 2.0 TDI 170 (CBBB engine)

Unpleasant smells are often associated with a dirty/contaminated pollen/cabin filter

Daveyonthemove likes this.
  5. maxpayne

maxpayne Registered User

Indeed and especially in dense built-up cities like London. It's recommended you change the pollen filter yearly but strangely enough Audi treats it as a major service item.

On recommendation from @samisnake I recently switched to the Frecious Plus (see https://www.frecious-plus.com/en). The old one I had was less than 7 months old but already had lots particles and dust in the wedges. For less than a tenner a yearly change is a no brainer.

6. s3_trev

s3_trev Northern Ireland

Thanks guys.

New cabin filter was put in about a month ago during a service.