Air Con Cleaner

TitaniumTom

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a decent air con cleaner?

I've got a bad smell coming from the vents with the AC off...though not with the AC on.

Have replaced the pollen filter and used a Wynn's Mint AC bomb today but the bad smell remains, just with a slight minty smell on top lol.

Keep seeing the Turtle Wax Odor X cans for under a fiver...anyone tried those or recommend one that actually works?

Cheers
Tom

I’ve used eBay bombs in the past and they did sort out bad odours for few days.

I have bad smell coming out from vents as soon as I switch off the AC. Only for some time and as soon as you put the AC back on, it goes away.
Presume it is something to do with the AC gas?

Haven’t replaced cabin filter yet, as service is is soon.

Got the cleaner cans with a long straw attached to the nozzle to spray directly in the vents. That seem to do a good job also.
Picked it up from ECP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, that's the same as mine, really strong smell when AC is switched off then goes when AC is switched on again.

I don't think it's anything to do with the AC gas as that's a sealed system. It'll be the damp that's condensed on the cold evaporator matrix and settled somewhere growing some sort of bacteria. Probably in the void between the heater matrix and AC matrix which is why it only smells with neither heat or AC.

I've already tried that vent spray from ECP, that made no difference either unfortunately.