Air con button.

unikarl

Reaction score
My air con button seems to have packed in. If I press it to turn econ off the light comes back on as soon as I release the button.

Anyone have any idea why it might be doing it? Suppose a scan will probably be in order.

Last edited:
The light is supposed to be on when its off mate? is the aircon still working?

No that's what I mean. When I try and turn econ mode off, the light only goes off for a second then comes back on again. Air con doesn't work at all.

the aircon won't work if the system senses low gas pressure. that's why ecom won't switch off.
Start with a scan to see if the low pressure sensor is throwing a faults then try a re-gas

regas sensor problem

Just purchased a 2.0t Quattro Avant and had the same thing, turned out to be the "thrust senor" or high pressure switch, same thing as bez101 ? about £50 of your hard earned.

Does anyone around Leeds, Bradford or grimsby have vcds that may be able to scan it for beer tokens?

Not having much luck with your car lately eh mate? at £50 i guess technically i'll be paying for that then ha ha.

if i catch you this week ill pay for my dads dials doing also as it was his birthday today so i said id sort it with you.

Ok mate. I'm stuck in hospital at the min but I'll give you a shout when I'm out and we can get things sorted. You finish your carbon trim? If not we can swap some bits as I'm thinking of going back to silver.... I have a plan!

Everything ok buddy? i didn't finish the carbon, i need ashtray and gear surround and the dash parts, was gonna go back to silver myself but only because i couldn't be bothered to finish the job, i could happily go either way.

give me a ring when your all sorted mate!