air con and radio issues. help!!

nickmc

Reaction score
i have recently bought a 2004 a3 and im having a couple of teething problems.

1 the air con isnt working

2 the radio signal is terrible

thing is the car is a 2004 it has had the double din concert cd fitted and i assume the newer climate control unit.
could this be whats causing the problems and if so is there any way to rectify it?

i have checked the air con gas, fuses etc and all is fine there. the compressor clutch engaging.

any help would be great.

Yeap, if its got a double din concert then this has different antenna system fitted & wont work properly & if the climate has the chrome dials, that also wont work.

Rectifying climate is done by fitting proper suited unit.

Radio fix would be either fitting an rns-e or fit correct antenna system to match newer concert or fit an older symphony dd unit.

We could do all this for you.

thanks for the reply

so is there no way to keep the newer climate unit and make it work then?

as for the radio are the concert antenna kits readily available?

Only way to get the chrome dials is to strip it down & modify the housing, you cant use the electronics/buttons of that unit fitted atm, its not compatible without changing the heater system over, dash out job & £400-500 later.

Antenna kit I can supply, its over £100.

is modifying the housing a big job?

looks like its an antena kit for me then!

There's a writeup how to from Germany on this site somewhere.

RNS-E not appeal to you or just purely economics?

ah ok turns out my switches are the old ones, so looks like ive got an air con problem!

yea would love and rns-e but they are a bit pricey!

You got a pic of your climate unit?

Beware as there is a newer type climate that looks same as the old aswell, so unless that lot was factory fitted, then it may be the issues stated, it needs scanning to see what errors there may be.