Air coming back through air filter....? Sticky valve?

sorted

Reaction score
Hi,

How you all doing? I have a quick question here, I think I maybe already have the answer but looking to see if anyone else has had the same problem. When my A4 1.9 TDI is under load it is pushing air back out the engine and through the air filer intake, I have ran some Forte in the diesel for a week and has helped slightly but looking for any other suggestions before I strip it down for a rebuild, pressuming it is a sticky valve (need to get a 2nd opinion at my mates garage!)

Cheers

Anyone got any ideas here? Going to have a look at this at the weekend as now the car has a power issue when under load on the motorway it doesnt really want to go over 3000 revs!

the way you make it sound m8 seems like a turbo issue to me bud hopefully someone may of had this issue and beable to help better

I'd be tempted to try the DIY Turbo Vane sticking in the how2 section first bud.

take the rocker cover off mate and see if the cam is worn,. If it is budget for 500-700 quid to have it done. Make sure you buy new injector holding bolts if you go for it !

i have a very good 2nd hand turbo if required but as said check the cams m8....

I can get a brand new cam, lifters and upper/lower bearings for around £200. I will be able to fit it myself. It got a timing belt kit and water pump 10K ago, so I will most likely just fit a new belt. Will get the rocker cover off this weekend and see if its defo a worn cam before ordering the parts.

Adam - have you done one before, is that why you recommend the new bolts?

Cheers