Air bag light staying on after fitting RS grill

Dan S5 B9

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just finished up fitting RS grill, painted my crash panel black, I now know that during install I've unplugged the air bag crash sensor connected to the hose, as you have to remove the foam that this hose is housed in. Just wanted to know can this be reset via VCDS? Or anyone know another way? Grill looks great

Attachments

• IMG-20190217-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20190217-WA0017.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 442
Reactions: Double V
Sorry can’t help with your question but that looks stunning mate! If you don’t mind me asking where did you get it from? How much? And how easy (apart from the airbag issue) was fitting?

I’ve got a black S5 and hate the front grill so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have been looking for B9 RS5 grill. How long did it take to arrive ? and where do you pay custom charges ?
Sorry never ordered anything outside UK before.

Took 3 weeks to arrive and DPD send you email and then you just pay them, then delivered next day.

Thank you for your quick response. The seller is out of stock :( I cannot find it anywhere else who sells with the logo.
Xenonx UK sells them but wihtout logo.

I ended up cutting the foam and leaving my crash bar the standard colour, that way no hoses etc were unplugged.

I'd go down that route myself, I also got this done by someone who works for Audi so this was the best solution ;)

Hi Benji

Yes when I first popped the side of the bumper off I unplugged the parking sensors and also these connectors not realising that they where part of the air bag system, and you didn't actually need to unplug this pale yellow connectors, install all complete and am resetting Air bag light tonight. Was there enough space to retain the foam? I had just read many posts saying this was not possible, I don't have front camera either and after putting back together it looks like I could of retained the foam on. May pop this back off and place back on car at the weekend. Cheers

Hi Benji

Yes when I first popped the side of the bumper off I unplugged the parking sensors and also these connectors not realising that they where part of the air bag system, and you didn't actually need to unplug this pale yellow connectors, install all complete and am resetting Air bag light tonight. Was there enough space to retain the foam? I had just read many posts saying this was not possible, I don't have front camera either and after putting back together it looks like I could of retained the foam on. May pop this back off and place back on car at the weekend. Cheers
Hey ive just done the same thing and my airbag light is on how did you end up sorting it out? Cheers