1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air bag light on after glove box replaced

Fhermen Apr 18, 2018

1. Fhermen

Fhermen New Member

I had a glove box with the key switch for the airbag in it but my new one doesn't and the airbag light is now on, both the yellow in middle dash and the red.
    I used the car inbetween taking out the old and inserting the new. I have a loose key switch that the seller sent with the glove box, but i don't know where to connect it. Is there a cable behind the glove box?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Ray Farmer

Ray Farmer New Member

i replaced my own A4 B6 glovebox with that from a A4 B7 that didn't have the airbag-key (it is an exact fot other than the missing keyhole) ......... however, if you remove the new glovebox and look behind it, you´ll hopefully find the same cut-out that i did > i then simply cut the required shape out of the new glovebox and pushed in the old key-switch from the old glovebox and refitted as before (USING THE OLD WIRING LOOM which is easily swapped over). However, as the air-bag light has now turned on, you may need to plug a vag-com in (just the cheap one from e-bay should be OK) to get the light turned back off.

Fhermen likes this.
  4. Fhermen

Fhermen New Member

Thank you ray! The problem is, i did not know this so i threw away my old glovebox.
    I ended up buying a third glovebox, with the correct wiring loom from a scrap yard.

Ray Farmer likes this.
  5. Ray Farmer

Ray Farmer New Member

i was lucky .... the old one was still in the garage until the job was finished ........ I have a black dashboard though, so finding a LHD replacement (in Germany) was easy enough and it was fitted to my car in Spain soon after.