Air-bag light After a few other issues

Audisportconvertible

Reaction score
Hello had a faulty dash pod that caused the windows dash roof and car to not work.

Had it fixed at ECU testing and all great today.

Initially had a fault display on stop start but that’s clear and now all get is the symbol with a line in as parameters aren’t met rather than a Fault.

But I have an airbag light too.

It was fine before the dash failed and fine when the mobile tech who looked it over read its codes but is staying on now sadly.

I Checked the plugs and wires to seats as noted and it seems ok.

Was a drop of water under the floor but not near the plugs, the car had needed a heavy interior (and exterior) decontamination when I got it last week so it might be from that.

Anyway I dried it, and the plugs were dry though and I blew them out with an airline too.

Before the dash fully failed the car would drive (but no dials) and I also removed the glove box to repair a dented in dash on the passenger side and drove the car without it. The glove box had an airbag isolator in it which I unplugged (left the glove box in the garage for a rear drive)

Could this fault be as simple at that? Can I reset by disconnecting the battery or do I need a proper vcds?, I have a cheap obd2 off amazon.

It picks up revs water temp etc. It says 0 faults codes (might actually be broken).

Glovebox removal will bring up the airbag light, needs clearing with vcds or a suitable tool.