Aiming for 300, 350 hp, here is the plan

tomsko

Reaction score
Hey guys. Recently got rid of my pain in the a$$ W220 benz, so now I'm all in my S3 8L. I want to achieve 300hp within a couple months and 350hp throughout the winter. I've done research and I think I have a pretty good idea of how to reach each goal, but still not 100% sure about some things so I will write the plan below with a things that aren't clear to me right under each.

For 300HP
  • Badger5 v3 TIP / Cone filter / Home made heat shield
Do the 80$ cone filters really perform any better than 10$ one I can pick up locally?
  • 3" downpipe + decat
Are eBay parts fine here?
  • Little things such as new premium spark plugs etc.
  • ECU remap
  • RODS & Bearings
Should these mods get mo to 300 or at least close? Yes, I'm a numbers chaser.

For 350HP, sub 4sec 0-62s
  • Beach buggy k04 hybrid - the best I can find.
  • Badger5 k04 manifold
  • Miltek catback exhaust
  • Haldex performance controller
  • Vems ECU / Launch control, fast shift & of course tune
  • LPG setup
NOT because of fuel economy. Vems tuners from around have achieved higher performance with LPG setups as it helps to prevent detonation and does some other goodies. I don't remember the full story here, but I will get it and update soon. Also what is the story about stock DMF and clutch setup here? What do you guys think?

Last edited:
rods a must don't go chasing 300 bhp without u might regret it and then find your self spending thousands more than u wanted or even selling up

Reactions: Alex C
rods a must don't go chasing 300 bhp without u might regret it and then find your self spending thousands more than u wanted or even selling up
I thought 300Hp was relatively safe without rod upgrade, and only 330+ is the risk zone, no?

my mods to achieve 349bhp

BBT hybrid k418t
15psi actuater
V3 mani ported
V3 downpipe ported
De cat
Milltek non res
550cc injectors
AGU head ported and polished
AGU pistons
I.E rifle drilled rods
calico bearings
Devils own WMI 50/50 mix
Welly cooler
Jetex filter
Badger 5 v2 tip
Phionolic gasket

Reactions: IPG and tomsko
rods can go bang on stage 1 mate don't matter on the tune/power...
I think rods hv gone on standered power before.. it's about playing it safe do u hv the dolla to repair if rods do pop out your engine will u be bothered that's what I'd ask my self....

rods can go bang on stage 1 mate don't matter on the tune/power...
I think rods hv gone on standered power before.. it's about playing it safe do u hv the dolla to repair if rods do pop out your engine will u be bothered that's what I'd ask my self....
Yeah you are probably right man. I'm adding rods to my list. :)

Reactions: s3gazz
it's a hole new engine if this happens and labour ain't cheap piece of mind wins all the time, iv made too many mistakes in the past and rebuilt my engine twice due to it luckely rods was not 1 of them but NLS was one so don't get it

Reactions: tomsko
it's great don't get me wrong but it blows **** up if u ok with that that's fine a risk u want to take but did not work for me engine in bits now due to it

Reactions: tomsko
unless your looking to increase the flow capacity of the DV like Tuffty's supersize DV from forge then there is nothing 'performance' about an 'upgraded' DV other than its made of pretty metal and costs you more money than a standard DV; put the money towards rods

Reactions: JonnyDerv
unless your looking to increase the flow capacity of the DV like Tuffty's supersize DV from forge then there is nothing 'performance' about an 'upgraded' DV other than its made of pretty metal and costs you more money than a standard DV; put the money towards rods
Ok man thanks!
Speaking of DV, I think mine is broken anyways lol. I don't have sound recording and I'm not a real expert but when I switch gears(drop boost) it doesn't just "drop" the air, it does more like a "piupiupiupiu" sound. Yeah, sounds good but I think this means not enough air is getting out. On higher boost in like top 3/4th gear it does sound like more air gets out first but then continues. Best way to describe this sound is with the "pffffpiupiupiu" haha.

Man can you please tell me about your LSD? Not the trip you had last summer but the LSD on your S3 haha.

Last edited:
You have a lot of reading to do.
Threads to read:
Gazz's
Wellys
Westys
Prawns
Mine
Tufftys
There's loads of other hybrid threads and maxed out ko4 threads too. All have engine work, I'm talking complete rebuilds.

I'm in the process of changing my mani to a pro4 so I'll really want to see what the diiferance in flow as I hv maxed out v3 mani at 349 bhp which is a record I think