Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I HATE THIS COUNTRY SOME TIMES! :)

Ash B

Reaction score
Im 18 not longed turned 18 few months back...I work part time only 27.5 hours a week as a customer service manager in tesco head office. I do quite alot of overtime sinec i bought this car as i want to have it how i want it by the start of the new year(mods & save for new car).

Anyway worked my **** off for this pay, get paid tomorrow got my pay slip today taxable pay £1,501.96. Taxed me LOADS left me with £914.31 :) :banghead:
Ohhh how i do love getting my well earned money taken away for me.
They never tax me less then £250 i dont know why because i dont earn much my part time pay is £850-£750 depends because some weeks i work more hours when they need me.

i've checked my tax code and i've got the right one. Does tax **** any one else off or is it just me?

Yes paying tax does annoy me greatly, but I understand that its needed to pay for certain things that we expect. But I do hate the fact that the current adminsitration seems to be pi**ing it completly up the wall and then have the cheek to ask for more.

Richard

Yes paying tax does annoy me greatly, but I understand that its needed to pay for certain things that we expect. But I do hate the fact that the current adminsitration seems to be pi**ing it completly up the wall and then have the cheek to ask for more.

Richard

Yeah i understand that and i dont mind but taxing a 18year old that much takes the p*ss and then the overtime was a waste :) If they want to tax people footballers lol they earn way too much money and most dont have a clue what to do with it lol! £120,000 a week i'd be happy getting that a year or every 2-3years let alone a week :| lol

I had a look and the figures and yours seems a lot of tax/N.I.

Anyway worked my **** off for this pay, get paid tomorrow got my pay slip today taxable pay £1,501.96. Taxed me LOADS left me with £914.31

You must have some other reductions in there to make that amount. Some must be stakeholder pension contributions. If not, something is up as your deductions are 40% of your gross and on that amount, its not right. Are you paying back some unpaid tax?

You must have some other reductions in there to make that amount. Some must be stakeholder pension contributions. If not, something is up as your deductions are 40% of your gross and on that amount, its not right. Are you paying back some unpaid tax?

Hi thanks for commenting on this.
No pension contribution and nope no unpaid tax. Im not quite sure what it is could it be emergency tax? I used to get taxed say £100 or less but then the last few pay days always been over £200

looks wrong to me, normally its around 26% of total, that would include all deductions.

Wait till your my age and paying 2000k tax every month then it hurts!!

def taxed too much - £1500 before deductions should leave you about £1100 after deductions(give or take) unless you receive other benefits which would affect your tax code and therefore affext the amount of deductions.

phone tax office and get them to check again...ask them to explain it to you.

looks wrong to me, normally its around 26% of total, that would include all deductions.

Wait till your my age and paying 2000k tax every month then it hurts!!

ouch i dont know if i'll be earning that much money for them to tax me £2,000 every month. I think id cry lol but maybe some day i'll earn that much to get taxed that much....I dont mean to sound cheeky mind if i ask what you work as? OR you have your own business?

def taxed too much - £1500 before deductions should leave you about £1100 after deductions(give or take) unless you receive other benefits which would affect your tax code and therefore affext the amount of deductions.

phone tax office and get them to check again...ask them to explain it to you.

Nope no benefits...Im actually gonna call them tomorrow and speak to some one and speak to some one in hr in my work and found out whats going on.
Actually just checking my pay slips now to see how much been gonig the last few months

That's definitely too much, phone up your local tax office and get them to sort it out. You'll get it all back in the form of a cheque, which is nice.

Yeah i understand that and i dont mind but taxing a 18year old that much takes the p*ss and then the overtime was a waste :) If they want to tax people footballers lol they earn way too much money and most dont have a clue what to do with it lol! £120,000 a week i'd be happy getting that a year or every 2-3years let alone a week :| lol

You can thank Maggie Thatcher for that wonderful change in the tax thresholds. Anyone earning a half decent wage (35k+) pays the same level of tax as the Duke of Westminster, Abramovich, the Queen etc. Total madness.
Speak to your local tax office, they are incredibly helpful and will correct the mistake and send you a cheque.
You do not get my sympathies, at 18 I was driving a 900cc Polo!

That's definitely too much, phone up your local tax office and get them to sort it out. You'll get it all back in the form of a cheque, which is nice.

Hi thanks for the reply in work now hr are looking into it. and im actually phoning my local tax office on my lunch. They are only based 5minutes away. Be nie to get some of it back go towards saves and my car now.

You can thank Maggie Thatcher for that wonderful change in the tax thresholds. Anyone earning a half decent wage (35k+) pays the same level of tax as the Duke of Westminster, Abramovich, the Queen etc. Total madness.
Speak to your local tax office, they are incredibly helpful and will correct the mistake and send you a cheque.
You do not get my sympathies, at 18 I was driving a 900cc Polo!

Ahhh i will thank Maggie for that. Thats stupid, Im sure the Duke of Westminster, Abramovich, the Queenearns alot more. Shouldnt put people who earn 35k+ in the same level as him. Lol and thanks for the none sympathie im ok now about it. And at 18 i was driving my 52 black corsa had that 6-7months and now have the wonderful a3:kissmyrings:
but i do miss my corsa. Did go through a stage where they wasnt paying me enough! Kept leaving money out and thinking about it im actually waiting for a cheque!:banghead: