AHHH apple iphone4 frustration....

sportstractor

Chugger
Reaction score
Ok guys im getting quite annoyed.

A little while back I tried updating my Iphone4 and for some reason it went wrong, didnt backup my iphone and crashed, needing to be completely restored. When I got it going again, i noticed that some songs which had been downloaded directly to it from itunes were missing...

So tonight i thought id try getting them back.

If you look on apples support page you will see this:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Which explains that you can now redownload previous purchases... Quite handy if your phone is a tard.

But going through the process, it doesnt give me the option for music. It only gives me the options for books or apps....

Now am i missing a trick? because the support page says you can do it. I have version 10.4 of itunes.

No wonder people download music illegally with hassle like this :(

Apple boffins, please reveal yourselves :happy:

Ok guys im getting quite annoyed.

A little while back I tried updating my Iphone4 and for some reason it went wrong, didnt backup my iphone and crashed, needing to be completely restored. When I got it going again, i noticed that some songs which had been downloaded directly to it from itunes were missing...

So tonight i thought id try getting them back.

If you look on apples support page you will see this:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Which explains that you can now redownload previous purchases... Quite handy if your phone is a tard.

But going through the process, it doesnt give me the option for music. It only gives me the options for books or apps....

Now am i missing a trick? because the support page says you can do it. I have version 10.4 of itunes.

No wonder people download music illegally with hassle like this :(

Apple boffins, please reveal yourselves :happy:
How much music is in question? I always find emailing them works, they have always been great with me and wouldn't expect anything else from them. Drop them a quick email, if they can't help you they will show you the ropes I'm sure.

LOL. I don't mean to rub it in your face, but I reckon you shoulda bought something else.

Love it when iPhone users get frustrated because it don't work properly. :lmfao:

Unfortunately Apple hasn't implemented the music side of things outside of the U.S. yet (Just Apps and Books). Your best bet at the moment as stated in an earlier post is to email them.

Apple will hopefully be rolling the feature out to the rest of the world by the time iOS 5 is ready in Autumn.

LOL. I don't mean to rub it in your face, but I reckon you shoulda bought something else.

Love it when iPhone users get frustrated because it don't work properly. :lmfao:

Never quite understood this opinion, my Apple gear runs better than other tech i've owned in the past. Any tech has the ability to malfunction once in a while - hell, my A4 is only 7 weeks old and has had to go back today because the stereo has stopped producing sound! Should I also have bought something else?

Last edited:

You must be a Blackberry user. You have no idea how superior the iPhone 4 is.

Unfortunately Apple hasn't implemented the music side of things outside of the U.S. yet (Just Apps and Books). Your best bet at the moment as stated in an earlier post is to email them.

Apple will hopefully be rolling the feature out to the rest of the world by the time iOS 5 is ready in Autumn.
Cannot wait for iOS 5.

Woaw quick replies, i like this section.
Only 2 albums Iv lost I think. Will have to send an email, did see that suggestion on google

Either blackberry or HTC scum :blahblah1:

Never quite understood this opinion, my Apple gear runs better than other tech i've owned in the past. Any tech has the ability to malfunction once in a while - hell, my A4 is only 7 weeks old and has had to go back today because the stereo has stopped producing sound! Should I also have bought something else?

Excellent... i would like to see what other features iOS5 is bringing.

Success! I messaged apple and they credited the album to my account... That's why I like apple... Everything works so well.

Think iv decided on an iPad2 aswell, most of my mates hate the apple brand, but they are cutting there nose to spite their face IMO, as they are top at the moment.

Got to admit iOS5 doesn't seem anything radical, hopefully they have a few more features that they are not letting on too.

Success! I messaged apple and they credited the album to my account... That's why I like apple... Everything works so well.

Think iv decided on an iPad2 aswell, most of my mates hate the apple brand, but they are cutting there nose to spite their face IMO, as they are top at the moment.

Got to admit iOS5 doesn't seem anything radical, hopefully they have a few more features that they are not letting on too.
Can't fault them, fair play.

As for iOS5, I personally think it's great. Allot more user friendly and makes sending photos to Twitter (not a fan of Facebook) easier.

I love the iphone 4 and since i only paid £30 for a white 32gb iphone 4 im more than happy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Inked
Can't fault them, fair play.

As for iOS5, I personally think it's great. Allot more user friendly and makes sending photos to Twitter (not a fan of Facebook) easier.

Hmm I dont use twitter, Don't see why they can't make it integrate with all social networking sites... All about I suppose.

The biggest and best thing they could do is get flash player on there.

Ha I love those weird videos, sounds very much like the discussion my friends have about our phones

I'm running IOS5 beta and it is awesome!! Can't wait for it to be released so I can use imessage more often!

I'm hoping they release an iPhone5 due to the issues with iPhone4 but we'll see.

I've had my iPhone 3GS for 2 years now and it's still going strong so when people slag the iPhone off I just put them in their place :) I don't bum off Apple stuff I just like the simplicity of the iPhone and iPod and iTunes once you know how to use them properly :) Not only have I been on a 24month contract with it I have just renewed my contract to £20 a month on an anytime upgrade.

As raegrds to re-downloading music normally they don;t let you do it and the same goes for films/videos due to copyright laws. Sony have this same ruling for films. I had this issue a while back. Fortunately they let me re-download them but they said in future back up your stuff (I just forgot to on this occasion).

Yeah but they are ment to be changing the law to suit apple etc. I think it will be good though. The laws are all old and need updating for modern media devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
IOS 5 seems great so far - Notifications are awesome (even if my android touting buddies keep telling me its a straight rip-off), Wireless sync works great, and the ability to listen to songs as they are downloading is really handy.

Apple, ever the innovators :banghead:

They are in respect to it actually working well, rather than when it feels like it. Bloke in the O2 shop yesterday banging on about video calling being around for ages... That's true but it never seemed to work on my nokia n96 :p

They are in respect to it actually working well, rather than when it feels like it. Bloke in the O2 shop yesterday banging on about video calling being around for ages... That's true but it never seemed to work on my nokia n96 :p

Not convinced at all, both there features have been working perfectly fine for years on other handsets as I've used both, video calling hasnt caught on due to the cost element involved, even if its a fully working system & wireless sync, albeit needs configuring correctly, but works just the same :)

Not convinced at all, both there features have been working perfectly fine for years on other handsets as I've used both, video calling hasnt caught on due to the cost element involved, even if its a fully working system & wireless sync, albeit needs configuring correctly, but works just the same :)

I use face time all the time as its free and only uses my data!

With three i get unlimited all i can data.

Alternativly all you have to do is download the Skype APP and it wont cost you anything if you use a WIFI netwoek