AGU K04 Upgrade help

browner01

Reaction score
Hi, i have just bought a k04 for my AGU 1.8t, i will be gathering parts to do the conversion.

Thing im not too sure about is the injectors and fuel rail.

Do i need a TT/S3 fuel rail or is it just the injectors? also what injectors should i buy and where do i buy them from?

Thanks

Mike

TT/S3 injectors will not work, the injector port on AGU engines is larger than on most other 1.8t's. I believe most people use Saab or Vauxhall injectors in AGU mani's, I couldn't be much more specific than that though. No doubt someone else will be able to elaborate!

No one asked OP to elaborate on K04. Is it 001 or 02x?

@VAG-Slag u saw this right? AGU manifold with TT long neck injectors

5b325caf-af01-22c2.jpg

No one asked OP to elaborate on K04. Is it 001 or 02x?

@VAG-Slag u saw this right? AGU manifold with TT long neck injectors

5b325caf-af01-22c2.jpg

I think you're being a tad pedantic here... The turbo he's using will have nothing to do with injector fitment, which is the main question here.

Is that your manifold? . . It is possible to remove and change the injector cups in the manifold (as you can see runner 2 has no injector cup in it what so ever), you rarely see it done but is indeed an option!

Short s3 type injectors can physically be made to fit by grinding down the fuel rail bosses by 11mm, then it'll all physically bolt up. You could also use 'unspacers' which are available from various places.

The issue is not physical fitment though. The s3 type injector do not work well at all on the me3.8 ecu.

As above, Saab reds are good for k04 power levels. Bosch 440 greens for anything up to around 350bhp on an AGU.

K04-001 isn't really considered over here, it's existence is hardly even acknowledged as its a fairly pointless upgrade. The k04 in question is almost certainly 022/023.

Tuning these is the issue now. very few places are willing to touch the prehistoric dinosaur that is the me3.8 ecu.

Rick and Jabbasport are among the only well known names who will now custom map an AGU.

Sorry to jump on the thread iv only just signed up and haven't a clue how to make my own lol I need a bit of help and would be grateful of some advice and I here a load of crap all the time that doesn't mean ishhh iv just done a ko4 convert on my agu iv fited s3 manni ko4 and down pipe also s3 maf I no I have to change injectors I'm going for 440cc greens ATM I've standerd ones in and it runs very boggy is this because I need injectors and remap or have I a problem on my hands btw iv unplugged the maf and valve any info would be great thanks guys

You have the wrong MAF for a start, you need a mk3 Golf VR6.

It will run lean as hell with out a remap and a bigger MAF.

Thank you mate so it's normal for my car to be running like propper crap intil I get remap and injectors ? Realy not nice to drive ATM

First off what engine do you have, I presumed it was an AGU which needs the older VR6 MAF while the new engines like AUM needs the S3 MAF.

Either way you should use the hardware the car is mapped for

Yes bud I have the agu just the way it runs is unreal idles ok at stand still Thoe few mates think after the ko4 up grade it should run ok ish but I don't I think it's normal intill I get the maf injectors and map what injectors would you go for don't no if Sabb reds or green top 440cc ?

Haven't chose a mapper yet I live a while away from r tec

Lol, well you only have 2 choices

Jabbasport in Lincoln
Rick @ unicorn motosports in Stockport

Rtech won't touch me3.8 anymore
Most the other tuners I spoke to will only tune with the stock MAF so that limits you to 230-240hp.

Will they not and no way 230 240 ? Get that out of a ko3s ?

On healthy engine, with the correct supporting mods, everything flowing as well as it can etc. Then you might hit those numbers. More realistically 220 ish BHP on a K03S maxed out.

250-260 with shut westgate on k03s with 100c fuel is possible.

Subjectively

If you want that power then get a turbo that will do it efficiently rather than flat out and on the edge of destruction...

With no wastegate control the car would be pretty awful to drive

<tuffty/>