Agu k04 upgrade help

Rhop92

Reaction score
Hi guys if anybody could please give me a definitive list of parts I need to upgrade my agu engine to k04 turbo it would be a great help I'm currently running a k03s mapped to 200 hp

I'm sure if you did a quick search you'll soon find about 1million similar posts... But, of the top of my head you'll need:

turbo, manifold, down pipe, oil/water lines and adequate fuelling (i.e pump and injectors) as well as obvious bits like TIP, MAF and charge pipes etc

Thanks mate I did do a search but couldn't find a definitive list, also for the manifold and downpipe would I be better off getting standard s3/tt manifold and downpipe or I think it's relentless manifold xs power downpipe? Thanks

Thanks mate I did do a search but couldn't find a definitive list, also for the manifold and downpipe would I be better off getting standard s3/tt manifold and downpipe or I think it's relentless manifold xs power downpipe? Thanks

The standard mani is fine for anything a k04 can throw at it, that being said you will obviously see better numbers with a high-flow fanimold.. The the standard DP however is quite restrictive and it's def recommend to go for a 3" dp, for the money you'll see good benefit.

Also, I assume you have thought about FMIC? . . If not, you will need one!

You'll just have to mock up some pipework to fit... How deep is the IC? 2.5" minimum would be recommended, a lot of ebay coolers are 2.25" and can become a choking point.

That DP and mani is the relentless package, best please to by them is from Samuel Bryant on the "RELENTLESS ko4 upgrades" page on facebook... Hit him up for pricing, very helpful bloke and products are well priced

Umm I think the pipework is 2.25 but the inlet/outlet will do 2.5 as I think it has a silicone reducer to the pipework at the moment. Thanks a lot mate I will look into it.
I know I'll also need a vr6 maf housing but what size injectors will I need? Do you think it's wise to buy a second hand k04? If not I have seen BBT do a k04 for £500

Iirc you'll need heater matrix pipes, all the water/ oil lines better injectors saab red tops might be a good place to start, I got a feeling the ebay intercooler is to small for k04 setup but could be wrong. I done this myself recently

I think I remember the core being 550x230x65 that should be sufficient shouldn't it? With bigger pipework anyway. I didn't realise I needed heater pipes, why is that?

K04 heater matrix pipe, I was just given a list of parts to get lol that was the last one i got

Iirc you'll need heater matrix pipes, all the water/ oil lines better injectors saab red tops might be a good place to start, I got a feeling the ebay intercooler is to small for k04 setup but could be wrong. I done this myself recently

Believe it or not there's more that one FMIC available on ebay... I couldn't comment on injectors my self as AGU inlet is different to mine, but I think you're right on the red tops

I think I remember the core being 550x230x65 that should be sufficient shouldn't it? With bigger pipework anyway. I didn't realise I needed heater pipes, why is that?

This is the same one I'm running, shout be fine... Just upgrade to 2.5" pipe work

Need the heater pipes as turbo sit in a slightly different place... Even with my k300 hybrid and oversized TIP there's only JUST enough space next to the heater pipes