Aggressive Wheel Fitment Thread

Baller. grizzly fitment:
ronal_teddy_bear_wheel.jpg

if ur gonna want em to tuck, your better off running some camber and 215/35 tires. I guess ur gonna have to do that no matter what rims u go with.

Made my day! :lmfao:

Wheels look great, was it much for the refurb?

More pics awaited :aggressive:

I didnt actually get them refurbed lol, I need a chassis notch and I've got brakes to go on so thats getting sorted first. Rear wheels have some curb rash, one front has a dint/chip in the lip. Nothing too bad. Just me being picky.

I'll get them up as soon as I've got them

Can see the wheel fitment better in this picture
IMG 4105

Reactions: THQuattro, Fiddie, RedTurtle and 2 others
Dayyyum that looks sexy marc, loving that fitment. I also think concavity on this platform is gonna be rare, for some reason most wheels require a 10.5 +25 to get that look. So props! Car is sitting beautifully and looks siiickk

Reactions: Steph67
Dayyyum that looks sexy marc, loving that fitment. I also think concavity on this platform is gonna be rare, for some reason most wheels require a 10.5 +25 to get that look. So props! Car is sitting beautifully and looks siiickk

Cheers mate, yeah I love the concave. It makes me wish I'd got the wider rears for my show wheels instead of 8.5 all round lol

Just saw the rest of the photos in the other thread. Jealous!!!! But so glad I got Daytona w black styling pack. Looks mean

Just saw the rest of the photos in the other thread. Jealous!!!! But so glad I got Daytona w black styling pack. Looks mean
Yeah daytona is a no brainer, tremendous colour in all lights. I'm not a fan of chrome trims anyway so it would always be black for me

I've been told that the saloon has wider wings / more space than the hatch, but not by how much. I'm wondering firstly if this is true, and if it is, how much less room there is under the hatch wings.

I'm on 8.5"s at +48, and know that +40 is a comfortable fit at this width. Is there anyone with a hatch that has gone out further that the equivalent of 8.5" wide at +40?

I'm thinking of spacers, albeit I probably won't run them all the time. I know that 8mm will be fine, but am considering 10mm, which would take me down to +38, and wondering whether to take a punt on 12mm and hope there's no issue with rubbing. It seems that this would be fine (with room to spare) on a saloon, I'm just not sure about the hatch. :think::think::think:

Anyone any thoughts on this?

So I've got a set of your BBS CH-R's 8.5J ET48 which I'm definitely putting on the car, also got a set of BBS Speedline OEM 9J x 19 ET52 currently wrapped in 255's however I'm going to get them on the S3 when it arrives in a couple of weeks and I will photograph the poke. I'm more worried about being closer to the inner strut. According to 'will they fit' "Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 10.4mm closer to the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 2.4mm more than before.

Forgive me if I'm a little thick but half an inch is 12.7mm, taking into account the offset from 48 to 52 and the width of the wheel, wouldn't this be close to an 8.5 +40?

Ive heard the Sportback and 3-door hatch S3 have narrower fenders than the sedan/saloon. Has anyone confirmed this? Ive done some measurements on my Sportback and cant see how one could fit the wheels you folks are fitting on the sedans. Please help me out.

So I've got a set of your BBS CH-R's 8.5J ET48 which I'm definitely putting on the car, also got a set of BBS Speedline OEM 9J x 19 ET52 currently wrapped in 255's however I'm going to get them on the S3 when it arrives in a couple of weeks and I will photograph the poke. I'm more worried about being closer to the inner strut. According to 'will they fit' "Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 10.4mm closer to the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 2.4mm more than before.

Forgive me if I'm a little thick but half an inch is 12.7mm, taking into account the offset from 48 to 52 and the width of the wheel, wouldn't this be close to an 8.5 +40?

Hi Naughts

The calculator is right, you'll have an extra 12.7mm going from 8.5j to 9j.

If the offset of the Speedlines is +52, they'd be 4mm closer to the strut with 4mm less poke at the same 8.5j as your CHRs.

At 9j, they'll be 6.35 wider each side, so they will indeed be 10.35mm closer to the strut and poke 2.35mm more than your CHRs. No way to tell without trying, bit I think you might foul the strut with the speedlines unless you use spacers, particularly if you're running 255s.

I fitted my spacers tonight (10mm and 12mm) so with 8.5j wheels I'm now running the equivalent of +38 up front and +36 out back. :aggressive: :icon thumright:

Have been for a 'spirited' drive, and happy to say that there's no rubbing (so far, will take it for a real run on Saturday). If you fitted a 6mm spacer to your speed lines up front, you'd be within 1.5mm of the poke on my set up, and I think that would probably get round any strut fouling issue, assuming of course that they don't fit 'as is'. Or you could go 8mm, I reckon that would be close to the max up front for poke on the hatch (assuming you still intend to lower it) as long as you don't go too low.

I won't get a chance to post any pics until the weekend, but you'll get an idea when you see it. Although we'll all look like rank amateurs now that @Marc18 has shown us how it should be done with his set up. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Cheers for that Marc :D:D..........

Last edited:
Reactions: naughts4187
Ive heard the Sportback and 3-door hatch S3 have narrower fenders than the sedan/saloon. Has anyone confirmed this? Ive done some measurements on my Sportback and cant see how one could fit the wheels you folks are fitting on the sedans. Please help me out.

This question has been asked by a few of us, but I still haven't seen an answer.

What set up are you thinking about?

Hi Naughts

The calculator is right, you'll have an extra 12.7mm going from 8.5j to 9j.

If the offset of the Speedlines is +52, they'd be 4mm closer to the strut with 4mm less poke at the same 8.5j as your CHRs.

At 9j, they will indeed be 10.35mm closer to the strut and poke 2.35mm more than your CHRs. No way to tell without trying, bit I think you might foul the strut with the speedlines unless you use spacers, particularly if you're running 255s.

I fitted my spacers tonight (10mm and 12mm) so with 8.5j wheels I'm now running the equivalent of +38 up front and +36 out back. :aggressive: :icon thumright:

Have been for a 'spirited' drive, and happy to say that there's no rubbing (so far, will take it for a real run on Saturday). If you fitted a 6mm spacer to your speed lines up front, you'd be within 1.5mm of the poke on my set up, and I think that would probably get round any strut fouling issue, assuming of course that they don't fit 'as is'. Or you could go 8mm, I reckon that would be close to the max up front for poke on the hatch (assuming you still intend to lower it) as long as you don't go too low.

I won't get a chance to post any pics until the weekend, but you'll get an idea when you see it. Although we'll all look like rank amateurs now that @Marc18 has shown us how it should be done with his set up. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Cheers for that Marc :D:D..........

Thanks for the great reply! I'm glad there's a few of us who are willing to try push the hatch to it's limits with wheels! I wouldn't keep the 255's on the rims, probably go for a 235's if the wheel fits. Only time will tell!
I'm really keen to see how much yours poke, I'm a fan of Rabbit's Sedan with a flush wheel to the arch, so not really wanting a rim poke when looking face on.
Good luck with the spirited drive at the weekend, keep me updated :icon thumright:

Thanks for the great reply! I'm glad there's a few of us who are willing to try push the hatch to it's limits with wheels! I wouldn't keep the 255's on the rims, probably go for a 235's if the wheel fits. Only time will tell!
I'm really keen to see how much yours poke, I'm a fan of Rabbit's Sedan with a flush wheel to the arch, so not really wanting a rim poke when looking face on.
Good luck with the spirited drive at the weekend, keep me updated :icon thumright:

There's a very slight poke up front, down to the assy 2s and that lovely protective 'overhang' they have. I don't think I'd run any other tyre on these rims, they just give that extra little bit of comfort

I think the actual wheel is pretty much dead on flush up front, with a little bit of room out back.

The springs have settled a little since I parked up a couple of hours ago, but it's too dark to get a good look. I'll get a much better idea of how much I like the stance tomorrow, but I reckon that I'll be happy. I can't see me going any further with the look, next up more go.... :p;)

This question has been asked by a few of us, but I still haven't seen an answer.

What set up are you thinking about?
I wanted to got with Neuspeed RSe10s in 19x9 et 40 with a 245/35 tire but just played it safe and went with the other size they offer which is 19x8 et 45. I'll try and fit the 245/35 tire with those. If it's too tight I'll go with 235/35

I cant believe i forgot to post the info on here. The dude who have the Niche wheels, just changed them to vossens,
He is running 20x9 +32 front and rear. No rubbbing,
Here is a pic

Wheels: Vossens VFS1
Size: 20 x 9 +32
tire: 235/30/20
No rubbing

o1zgbcP.jpg

9DDimBJ.jpg

Reactions: THQuattro, alijnclarke, Bristle Hound and 4 others
Track now widened by 10mm up front & 12mm out back. I'm already thinking the 12s would go on the front and there's still plenty of room at the back This could get addictive....

Not too extreme, sizes & equivalent offset listed on post #93.

Anyway, here goes, hope you like...

Attachments

• IMG_0181.JPG
    IMG_0181.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,675
  • IMG_0193.JPG
    IMG_0193.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,564
  • IMG_0204.JPG
    IMG_0204.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,612
  • IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0209.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,634
  • IMG_0210.JPG
    IMG_0210.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,625
  • IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,596
  • IMG_0224.JPG
    IMG_0224.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,614
  • IMG_0250.JPG
    IMG_0250.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 1,542
  • IMG_0252.JPG
    IMG_0252.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,595
  • IMG_0254.JPG
    IMG_0254.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,547
  • IMG_0256.JPG
    IMG_0256.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 1,550
  • IMG_0258.JPG
    IMG_0258.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,582
  • IMG_0260.JPG
    IMG_0260.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,546
  • IMG_0264.JPG
    IMG_0264.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 1,624
Reactions: Bristle Hound, naughts4187, J6YAK and 1 other person
Looking absolutely perfect!!! Wondering if my stock alloys would look good spaced out! Need some springs too then.. ;-)

Track now widened by 10mm up front & 12mm out back. I'm already thinking the 12s would go on the front and there's still plenty of room at the back This could get addictive....

Not too extreme, sizes & equivalent offset listed on post #93.

Anyway, here goes, hope you like...

and that my sir, looks rather lovely:jump:...
So... if I can get my head around this, you're pushing equivalent ET of 36 up front, with a healthy 235 tyre too.
I'm going to run my CH-Rs straight away and see how the speedlines fit. They'd probably fetch very good money on the TT forum so I can always move them on. I know someone with some 8.5 speedlines who's willing to sell me them so that's always the safer option. Thank you SO much for posting this, let's get a few more people to post their set ups and we can create a sticky @Bristle Hound (perhaps :think:) if we have enough proven data for the hatch. I would suggest we keep posting into this thread and then make a new one when we have 4 or 5 examples of the hatch to match the saloon.

Reactions: Steph67 and Bristle Hound
Looks Great Steph!!!! Wheels look much more aggressive now. Very nice.

In the spirit of flushness though, can you measure how much space you have between the fender (inner part) and tire? It looks pretty damn close as it is, but id like to assume you got another 3mm in the front and 5mm out back, maybe more.

and that my sir, looks rather lovely:jump:...
So... if I can get my head around this, you're pushing equivalent ET of 36 up front, with a healthy 235 tyre too.
I'm going to run my CH-Rs straight away and see how the speedlines fit. They'd probably fetch very good money on the TT forum so I can always move them on. I know someone with some 8.5 speedlines who's willing to sell me them so that's always the safer option. Thank you SO much for posting this, let's get a few more people to post their set ups and we can create a sticky @Bristle Hound (perhaps :think:) if we have enough proven data for the hatch. I would suggest we keep posting into this thread and then make a new one when we have 4 or 5 examples of the hatch to match the saloon.

It's actually equivalent of + 38 front and + 36 rear. No rubbing whatsoever. And there's a little room to spare, although not much up front.

What it does show is that the hatch will def take a 9J wheel up front, along as you get the offset right. With your speed lines being higher that standard offset, you just need to get the right size of spacer (assuming they hit the strut 'as is') and your sorted.

We just need to get a look at these on black cherry pearl now :cool::cool:

Looks Great Steph!!!! Wheels look much more aggressive now. Very nice.

In the spirit of flushness though, can you measure how much space you have between the fender (inner part) and tire? It looks pretty damn close as it is, but id like to assume you got another 3mm in the front and 5mm out back, maybe more.

There's a couple of mm room up front before the inner arch, but so small you can't get a proper measure. To get a better idea, I'll put the 12s up front sometime over the next couple of weeks to see how they fit. I reckon they'd be fine, but that would be close to maximum. If they were OK with 1mm to spare, that would suggest a 9J at +42 could be the sweet spot up front for a hatch. What it shows now is pretty much where the wheel would sit on a 9J at +45 (Naughts - this is where your speedlines would sit 'flush-wise' with a 6mm spacer).

I agree that's there's still room out back. I'll try to get a measure, but I reckon they'd take at least another 5mm without any issue.

I know what I'm like, if the 12s are OK up front, then the temptation will be to leave them there and go wider at the back but you've got to stop somewhere.

If I was doing it again I'd go 9J up front, and 9.5J out back :D

Reactions: ndk83
It's actually equivalent of + 38 front and + 36 rear. No rubbing whatsoever. And there's a little room to spare, although not much up front.

What it does show is that the hatch will def take a 9J wheel up front, along as you get the offset right. With your speed lines being higher that standard offset, you just need to get the right size of spacer (assuming they hit the strut 'as is') and your sorted.

We just need to get a look at these on black cherry pearl now :cool::cool:

There's a couple of mm room up front before the inner arch, but so small you can't get a proper measure. To get a better idea, I'll put the 12s up front sometime over the next couple of weeks to see how they fit. I reckon they'd be fine, but that would be close to maximum. If they were OK with 1mm to spare, that would suggest a 9J at +42 could be the sweet spot up front for a hatch. What it shows now is pretty much where the wheel would sit on a 9J at +45 (Naughts - this is where your speedlines would sit 'flush-wise' with a 6mm spacer).

I agree that's there's still room out back. I'll try to get a measure, but I reckon they'd take at least another 5mm without any issue.

I know what I'm like, if the 12s are OK up front, then the temptation will be to leave them there and go wider at the back but you've got to stop somewhere.

If I was doing it again I'd go 9J up front, and 9.5J out back :D

stop when you rub. :drag:
To date, no sedan, hatch or sb have reached that limit yet.

I know, but then I'll just want to fill in all that extra room at the strut side, and that'll mean 9s & 9.5s, then I'll be thinking if I'm changing wheels again then could I maybe get away with 20s?...... :racer: :biggrin new:

Id like to use this thread to start documenting different setups and finding out which setup works best.
Some people like slammed and tucked, while others care more about drivability and maintaing almost close to stock setups. My predicament is that I lean more towards the stance , i want a lil poke,, but i, more of a coilover/handling guy and still need the ability to tear up the mountain roads aggressively. On my previous car i ran an aggressive setup with wide wheels, and although it looked good, it killed the drive. This time around id like to find that happy medium between stance and driveability

This thread isnt about personal preference, and i hope it doesn't get derailed because of that and/or Mono.Pur . The outcome of this thread is to document different setups and find out
  • the most aggressive setup you can run without any fender mods,
  • which setups required fender rolling,
  • and what setups work for slammed/stanced look.
  • it also seems like the sedan s3 can run a more aggressive setup than the hatch
  • Issues with rear wheels hitting struts on wider wheels. (has anyone succesfuly run a 10.5?)
  • Oil pan issues on lowered cars similar to the 8P guys.
If your interested in posting your setups, please provide wheels specs tire sizes, suspensions mods, fender mods etc.

So far, Rabbit222's car is running the most aggressive setup (that ive come a cross) on this site.

His specs:
20x8.5+40 plus a 10mm spacer
235/3520 tire size.
No fender mods, no rubbing.

bb6c0ea170c15bd669dfae684495fcbd.jpg

ef1baae80a47ba18cae784d2ac5ae93e.jpg
c5d5f623c8b1cdd7fd6ae41d4de592fd.jpg
cef5592a5457cf070a20928a598b3a64.jpg
706094edc314a1cb3ebee7156733fa34.jpg

This is the best looking saloon out of the set imo. The wheels just ooze class.

I think his car is one of the nicest S3's out there. There are more aggressive setups out there, but the Ch-R titanium wheels on sepang blue S3 go unbelievably well together that. Plus i understood that this setup has no rubbing issues and maintains driveability. Win.

Now out in the land of the rising sun, probably one of the first modified S3's and the only true "aggressive" setup out there.

19x8.5+32 plus a 5mm spacer
19x10+36
tires:225/35/19 and 245/35/19
NEX Coilovers SS-type

Modified rear fender

p1.jpg

p4.jpg

p7.jpg
p8.jpg
p1.jpg

p5.jpg

This set up is super aggressive and not for the faint of heart. Those rear fenders were pulled out 15mm to accommodate the larger wheels. I think this looks bad ***. definitely an aggressive setup.

Another Setup in Japan that has me going nuts is this one. unfortunately i couldnt find the exact specs but the setup seems similar to Rabit222's setup.

20x8.5
KW V3 cols

eacb2d58a3.jpg

536af6ac01.jpg

6b73754456.jpg

c9753b00e1.jpg

Not very keen on these wheels,

Quick update - rubbing!! :(

Travelling cross country this morning, sudden dip, full travel, front rubbing. Looks like the Assy 2s hang out just too much. I reckon it would be fine with a slight stretch, say a 225/35?

Looks like we've found the limit for a hatch on a 235/35/19.

Spacers off up front, to be replaced by 8mm (on the way).

Or you can just roll ur front fenders slightly. Prob cheaper than buying anither set of spacers.

Wouldn't try that myself, fear factor. It was £59 for the pair of H&R 8mm (already have bolts) so not too painful.

Decided to bite the bullet and order my wheels.. They're not going to have a particularly aggressive stance or anything like that. But hopefully they'll change the look of the car suitably.

Decided to bite the bullet and order my wheels.. They're not going to have a particularly aggressive stance or anything like that. But hopefully they'll change the look of the car suitably.

Which ones did you go with in the end?

Went for 19" Vossen CVT's in gloss graphite

Reactions: AndyB-S3
@Steph67 - I'm lost!!

I've just ordered some 19" x 8.5J ET50 with some 235/35/19 P Zero's. S3 Hatch lowered ~25mm all round.

How much spacer will I need to sit flush front and back would you estimate? Your's looks exactly how I want my wheels to sit!

@Steph67 - I'm lost!!

I've just ordered some 19" x 8.5J ET50 with some 235/35/19 P Zero's. S3 Hatch lowered ~25mm all round.

How much spacer will I need to sit flush front and back would you estimate? Your's looks exactly how I want my wheels to sit!

You'd need to go 12mm up front and 14mm out back to sit like mine in the photos above (my wheels are + 48) but I'm now going to 8s up front to avoid rubbing (the equivalent of you fitting 10mm at +50). You "might" get away with a 12mm with pzeros at 235 without rubbing at full travel, but I doubt it.

Your drop is also 10mm more than mine.

There's still a bit of trial and error here, I'm happy to be the guinea pig and will feed back after fitting the 8s up front. They should arrive mid week.

To be clear, no rubbing at the back with a 12mm spacer (equivalent of 8.5J at ET 36).

Hope this helps

I know mate, but thought it best to flag Asap to avoid anyone else having the same issue. I'll drive the same road again with the 8s, if there's no rubbing on that dip & jump then it'll be all good!

Thanks @Steph67

Also, I note for those with SB's -although the brochure quotes the same front track width, it actually also suggests the front arches are 4mm wider (8mm wider overall). Rears quoted as the same.

Must be part of the reason 3-dr is much quicker :lick:

Our saloon is landing a little early so will be here late March after a trip to Miglior detailing for new car prep.

I've been thinking a lot about what to do suspension and wheels wise and I think I have settled on 19's. A lot of pics on 20's I think the look a bit too big and clumsy.

Just need to decide on suspension, I think we will trial a set of Eibach 20mm front 10mm rear springs for development/business purposes first as I think they could prove really popular but once they're done we'll get coilovers on, probably around July time. I guess not many have done it yet but has anyone missed the mag ride after fitting coilovers? That's my only sticking point really! Probably go KW V3 when it comes to coilover time.

I've searched for ages on google for S3 saloons on coilovers and it hasn't been done much yet it seems!

Our saloon is landing a little early so will be here late March after a trip to Miglior detailing for new car prep.

I've been thinking a lot about what to do suspension and wheels wise and I think I have settled on 19's. A lot of pics on 20's I think the look a bit too big and clumsy.

Just need to decide on suspension, I think we will trial a set of Eibach 20mm front 10mm rear springs for development/business purposes first as I think they could prove really popular but once they're done we'll get coilovers on, probably around July time. I guess not many have done it yet but has anyone missed the mag ride after fitting coilovers? That's my only sticking point really! Probably go KW V3 when it comes to coilover time.

I've searched for ages on google for S3 saloons on coilovers and it hasn't been done much yet it seems!

I'm going to go coilovers when the time comes, with 19s it should fit nicely. Will be in touch when I need some supply and fit.