Age Demographic & Locations

47, Leeds, myself, better half, teenage daughter and 2 x dogs - hence the B9 A4 Avant in 3.0TDi Quattro sport flavour, although we do have a nice old MX-5 1.8iS for when its just 2 people and no hounds.

Good thread - maybe the OP should do a median age / demographic average once enough people have contributed, although his 21yr age will most likely be by far the youngest I guess.

Reactions: Brandon Williams and Keef
36, North Lincolnshire (South Humberside). Me, the wife & our 9 year old. Had an A4 saloon before switching for 3 years to a qashqai. Nice car with loads of tech but rattly & dull. 2.0tfsi avant now and it's awesome.... Like the look & the space over the saloon. Will look at an S4 when it's time to change, if I haven't bought an S1 as my work car.

Reactions: Brandon Williams
29 and from Fife ( Scotland ) . Ordered an S4 avant. Just me and my wife + dog!

I just prefer the estate look... I also like the idea of having a fast practical car! Oh and it needed to be a petrol

Also 29 and from Fife. Just had delivery of an A4 Allroad 3.0 V6 Sport. Came from a Golf R - I still miss it! :wink new:

Reactions: Splodgeit
38, Durham, with our lass for 22 year with 13 year old daughter. Waiting on my first Audi A4 BE and currently driving a BMW 325 V6 Convertible. Mrs has a new Mazda 6.

40 years old, from Berkshire. Wife has a bun in the oven due in September.

I went Avant as often need the boot space. First Audi having been with BMW for many years.

Reactions: Rocksteve69
37 also from rural Cambridgeshire.

Came from a long run of Honda Civics. The engine choices were very limited, and the new styling left me cold (wife still has one, mind you).

Now in a A4 Sline Avant with all the toys. It's a significantly better car than the Civic.

26 (25 when I got the car last year), north east. Just me and my Mrs with no kids. A4 quattro s-line saloon which I got it because I could and it was the best in that class - 3 series felt dated and had horrendous tyre roar, c class interior tacky and engine was noisy. I had an A5 se coupe before and a couple of Vauxhalls before that

I'm probably too young to drive what I drive but I work hard and I'm very good at what I do so why not reward myself with something that's better than a second hand cheapo hatchback?

Reactions: cuke2u
I'm 50 and I'm an alcoholic, sorry, I mean I'm from Lancashire.
First Audi, father had an 80 LS years ago, that was the nearest I came, until now, the S4 Avant I have is brilliant, loving every moment thus far.
Moved from Mercs into LR Freelander, was looking at Range Rover Sport but quality nowhere near Audi, need 4wd due to Lancashire Moors, winter can be interesting ... I'm sure the next one will be.

Reactions: Keef
47 from Bournemouth, Dorset.

Saloon all the way for me, mainly because I prefer the look :)

42, Durham, wife 2 kids. A4 190tdi sline Avant, previous BMW 318d touring sport. Company motor 30k pa. On technology/ fearures the Audi feels 2 generations ahead of the BMW. For long drives >2hrs I'm not yet convinced that the S-line seats are comfortable, but the adaptive sport suspension is excellent and I would not be without it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

How does the Audi compare for you?
Audi will not corner like a BMW when you want some fun, but that is the physics of rear versus fwd. However in my opinion the overall technology, (particularly if you have the tech pack) of the Audi makes the bmw feel a little old fashioned.

How does the Audi compare for you?

Well, on the plus side the car has a top notch interior vs the BMW 3 I had before. The Audi is very refined and comfortable. The Audi is a really easy car to live with.

On the negative side the Audi isn't much fun, my wife's 4 series BMW is more entertaining and the s tronic gearbox is dreadful in the Audi.

Overall I'd sayAudi and BMW are equal, it just depends what you want. Right know I prioritise comfort over fun so the Audi makes sense for me.

Virtual cockpit in the Audi is ace though!

Audi will not corner like a BMW when you want some fun, but that is the physics of rear versus fwd. However in my opinion the overall technology, (particularly if you have the tech pack) of the Audi makes the bmw feel a little old fashioned.

I think the media systems are pretty equal. The Audi tech pack is slick, looks good and works well but BMW connected drive did more things for me e.g. Remote locking. It's far easier adding cds to the BMW hard drive than the Audi jukebox as well. Audi connect fails more regularly than BMW connected drive ever did for me.

46, moving from a Range Rover Sport - don't need as big as a car as on my own and liked the look of the avant - went for the S4, due to pick it up this week.

Have been wondering what the main age range is for an Audi A4; I've been hounded saying I'm not old enough to have one yet! I personally love the look and because I've gone for all Black with 19s etc it looks the business!

Saloon or Avant and reasons why?

21 from Wilstead, Bedfordshire.

When I was 21 from Glasgow, Lanarkshire, I had a ****** 5 year old Fiesta!

42 3/4 from Hamilton, South Lanarkshire.

Reactions: Rocksteve69
28, just, North Wales. Had it 14 months ish, so was 26 when I got my B9. Work hard in a good job, wanted a nice car with a bit of an 'executive' look, ticked all the boxes. No kids but don't like 3 door cars at all so wouldn't have got anything smaller.

39 Rainhill, I've got a 2.0 TFSI BE S Tronic on order, 2 boys 5 and 18 months, the AUDI is somewhat of a cost cutting exercise after spending 70k (so far) on my house in the last 12 months.

Very much looking forward to getting it.