Aftermarket wheel guide

Khunrichy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has all been gone through before on various posts. I’ve researched previous posts and I know a lot of people have had issues with squeaking and other problems. I thought before I go ahead and purchase some at a quarter of the price of OEM, I would ask you Guys your opinions on the the supplier of these after market wheels in Barking , the problems I might encounter and if anyone has any recommendations on London based garages that anyone has any links with, preferably north of the water. So I can get them installed by someone with experience in Audi RS 3’s or a vested interest.

I’ve put a link to the supplier from gumtree below. I would be looking at going from my standard 19” OEM wheels to a set of the 20” rims.

https://www.gumtree.com/sellerads/1331272481?page=1

The information below is regarding spacers and spigots rings from a previous post. Something that I’m assuming I’m going to have to also purchase.

Here is a spacer that will suit - and guess what they even have a RS3 picture with it!:
https://spurverbreiterung.de/produc...ml&cat=c1055_Audi.html&bezeichnung=RS3&typ=8V

Same people do spigot rings, typically:
https://spurverbreiterung.de/produc...t=c470_Zentriersysteme.html&bezeichnung=&typ=

Thanks for any info supplied in advance.

20190207 155729 1280x960

Can't vouch for the supplier you linked to, but I picked up a set of winter wheels and tyres from ldprestige. They're not exactly lightweight, but have coped with potholes, worked well with tpms (I ordered the electronic valves which came fitted with the wheels). They have options of 20s and came along with all hardware needed, I would buy from again as the whole process was completely hassle free. Well nearly, one tyre was mounted incorrectly and cost me a tenner at local tyre fitter to remount (inside edge of tyre mounted incorrectly toward outer wheel face).

Reactions: Khunrichy
View attachment 177326
Can't vouch for the supplier you linked to, but I picked up a set of winter wheels and tyres from ldprestige. They're not exactly lightweight, but have coped with potholes, worked well with tpms (I ordered the electronic valves which came fitted with the wheels). They have options of 20s and came along with all hardware needed, I would buy from again as the whole process was completely hassle free. Well nearly, one tyre was mounted incorrectly and cost me a tenner at local tyre fitter to remount (inside edge of tyre mounted incorrectly toward outer wheel face).

@JWAM they look beautiful mate. Are they 20’s? They’re the style I was initially enquiring about. My cars also black, however I bought it at BCA so the wingmirrors don’t rotate when parked. I feel like Will Ferrell now in step brothers when he meets his bro and they practice karate in the garage together

I will check IDprestige out. Sounds like yours was pain free then which was what I was aiming for. No spacers or sprigots required?

What oem wheels do you have ? Are yous selling them??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same ones in the pic bro. Yeah I will sell them I think. I’m in no rush to sell though.

Attachments

• 0F150EBF-A626-429B-B934-2F630E1BC043.jpeg
    0F150EBF-A626-429B-B934-2F630E1BC043.jpeg
    56.2 KB · Views: 389
@JWAM they look beautiful mate. Are they 20’s? They’re the style I was initially enquiring about. My cars also black, however I bought it at BCA so the wingmirrors don’t rotate when parked. I feel like Will Ferrell now in step brothers when he meets his bro and they practice karate in the garage together

I will check IDprestige out. Sounds like yours was pain free then which was what I was aiming for. No spacers or sprigots required?

I stuck with 19s as they are a winter set for me and the options of winter rubber are limited at 20. They are the same you posted a while back in a different thread.

Although ldprestige are a French company, the ordering process was pretty simple. They have a drop down selection to put make a model in and then show you all compatible wheel set options. I just had to Google translate to make sure berline means saloon: it does! They have plenty of 20s on offer.

I did email them just before ordering to double check compatability and they replied same day - wheel set used existing bolts and no spacers needed. They came with a small set of shims to allow a snug fit onto the hub assembly and that was it. I picked up a set of audi center caps from ebay - just had to measure first as there are loads of size options and I didn't like the ones that came with the wheel set.

It's shocking to me that folding mirrors not standard in these cars, I picked up some carbon wing mirror covers and got a set of the sweeping wing mirror indicators to replace the factory set which took 5mins extra during change of the mirror housing. Also had the chrome window surround wrapped black as I have the alu pack front and back, which I like, but the window trim never sat well with me and I much prefer it finished in black.

Love the red callipers peeking through on yours tho - nice!

Haha that’s not my motor. I have the red callipers on mine but someone sent me that pic when I was looking for a front splitter and side skirts. They look a bit angry and plastic don’t you think? I saw a post on some carbon fibre ones that people were going to do a group buy. But that’s gone quiet now.

So did your wing mirrors not rotate? I’m also after some nice carbon fibre wing mirrors but the guy at the garage quoted me a ridulous amount to change them. All these bits were pretty much standard on the old GolfR.

I stuck with 19s as they are a winter set for me and the options of winter rubber are limited at 20. They are the same you posted a while back in a different thread.

Although ldprestige are a French company, the ordering process was pretty simple. They have a drop down selection to put make a model in and then show you all compatible wheel set options. I just had to Google translate to make sure berline means saloon: it does! They have plenty of 20s on offer.

I did email them just before ordering to double check compatability and they replied same day - wheel set used existing bolts and no spacers needed. They came with a small set of shims to allow a snug fit onto the hub assembly and that was it. I picked up a set of audi center caps from ebay - just had to measure first as there are loads of size options and I didn't like the ones that came with the wheel set.

It's shocking to me that folding mirrors not standard in these cars, I picked up some carbon wing mirror covers and got a set of the sweeping wing mirror indicators to replace the factory set which took 5mins extra during change of the mirror housing. Also had the chrome window surround wrapped black as I have the alu pack front and back, which I like, but the window trim never sat well with me and I much prefer it finished in black.

...I’m also after some nice carbon fibre wing mirrors but the guy at the garage quoted me a ridulous amount to change them...

Real easy swap to do yourself mate... don’t be shelling out for someone to do it for you

I shelled out for the factory option of folding mirrors. As @Phil3 says the mirror housings are easy to swap out - I wouldn't pay someone else to do it. Took me about 30-40 mins for the first side (as I'm slow and paranoid over damaging the clips) and about 10-15 mins for the second.
This guy on youtube posted a pretty comprehensive video:

From memory @Phil3 fitted a pretty nice front splitter a bit ago? I'm pretty sure he has posted some pictures post fitting. I'm keeping stock body kit wise, nearly had the car a year now - once warranty is out i'm likely going down the route of a remap and some bolt ons (intercooler and prob sports cat DP) rather than trading out of it as the car has slotted into its role as a daily driver better than I could have expected and I can't really see what else I'd go to.

Keep us posted with wheel set you go with. I got put off 20s, as mentioned, with the issue of winter rubber. Not too many people seem to have gone the route of 20s and I was also a little cautious over clearance of tyres on full lock - they do seem to fill the arches better though...

@JWAM yep I’ve got a splitter fitted... here’s the thread with photos near the end if you want to have a nosy mate @Khunrichy

I’ve also got a set of dynamic indicators fitted to the wing mirrors... just finishes them off if you’ve got the dynamic headlights as all the indicators now match

Reactions: Khunrichy
@JWAM yep I’ve got a splitter fitted... here’s the thread with photos near the end if you want to have a nosy mate @Khunrichy

I’ve also got a set of dynamic indicators fitted to the wing mirrors... just finishes them off if you’ve got the dynamic headlights as all the indicators now match

Thanks for the info @JWAM @Phil3 . I can’t see a link mate for the splitters? I will have a nosey on your profile and see if I can see it through there.

What does the ports cap DP do @JWAM.

Cars currrntly running at 500BHP with just a stage 1 remap. Not sure if I need anything else doing to it. I know there’s a lot of talk about intercoolers on here.