Aftermarket Stereo (A3 8L 2001) ??

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
I want to fit an aftermarket stereo in my A3 but there is so many choices when it comes to fascia's and iso leads.

I think i know what fascia i need now but can someone please help me out with what iso i need

From what i can see, it looks like I've already got iso leads on the car but there is a third lead.

Here are some pictures of the stereo I've got:

35188469.jpg

img2011030700095.jpg

The above pic shows that the stock head unit directly feeds the front door speakers.

If your car has rear speakers, then you will need an adaptor cable to go from that third plug, to the RCA Pre-outs on your new headunit, as the rear speakers have their own amplifier.

Thanks for the reply

So would this be the iso i would need?

All the iso’s cables that have rca plugs say they are for bose head units but my one is the non bose.

Thanks for the reply

So would this be the iso i would need?

All the iso’s cables that have rca plugs say they are for bose head units but my one is the non bose.

PC9 404 is what you need forget the descriptions, they never get it right. Rear amplified Bose doesn't actually exist, all Audi systems are rear amplified, Bose is fully amplified. The adapters work with either just depends whether you get front & rear RCA's or just rear.
Autoleads PC9-404 Audi Harness Adaptor (RCA, non-BOSE) £5.88 including VAT. PC9404. Buy discounted car audio online at In-Car Express

Thanks mate ;)

That site looks really good, i think ill be able to get everything there :)