Aftermarket S3 Exhaust Tips?

C'mon Batch the wait is exhausting or is this just the tip of the iceberg ??

Batch is the man with a PLAN.... his mod is well worth waiting for lads trust me lol

Reactions: pburv, illingworth22, Simon L and 2 others
Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68, illingworth22 and 1 other person
Jeezus lads, no pressure eh?!
I think the solution is going to be perfect. Might not be to everyone's taste though!

Reactions: SJ43, Jassyo06, pburv and 2 others
My private investigator has managed to get some spy shots of Batch testing the new tips!

See what you think - I'm quite the fan!

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Nikon, Jassyo06 and 6 others
My private investigator has managed to get some spy shots of Batch testing the new tips!

lol ......what the friggin hell is that, rubber jonny for yer exhaust?? lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and pburv

Sounds EXACTLY like an RS3 with the dynamic pack!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv

Hydrodipped using premium carbon fibre film (x2 I think to create the 3D layering) then finished in industrial/marine-spec ceramic lacquer. Well happy with these to go with the mirrors!

Thanks to www.wickedcoatings.co.uk
Spoke to them this morning and they do various other finishes that people might like so give them a shout!

Reactions: AndyB-S3, glospete, NWMark and 8 others
they look awesome! I can't wait to see them on the car.

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and batch
they look awesome! I can't wait to see them on the car.
Thanks mate, I was a little nervous but needn't have been. I've seen their work on million-pound yachts, Aston Martins, prosthetic limbs even and it all looked fabulous. Well happy with these!

Reactions: Jassyo06, SJ43, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Reactions: Jassyo06, Simon L, batch and 1 other person
Very impressive indeed!

Can we have approximate costings to do this or do we need to get in contact with Hydrographic direct?

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
Very impressive indeed!

Can we have approximate costings to do this or do we need to get in contact with Hydrographic direct?
You can have exact costings mate!

£115 including VAT and a return overnight carrier. I used Wicked Coatings in Poole, they do a lot of industrial and marine work as well as stuff like this, their website link is in the first post!

Reactions: toooldforboyracing, Jassyo06, SJ43 and 1 other person
You can have exact costings mate!

£115 including VAT and a return overnight carrier. I used Wicked Coatings in Poole, they do a lot of industrial and marine work as well as stuff like this, their website link is in the first post!
And I thought I was being polite and pm ing you...lol:blink:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and batch
Nice!!! :D :D

Did they say anything about the heat affecting the dip? Or its guaranteed not to be an issue? My guess is the latter

Last edited:
Reactions: Mylee and pburv
they look really good! I'll be doing this, thanks!

Reactions: pburv and batch
Looks ****** awesome!

hhmmm this could be the answer to my exhaust tips - the chrome has gone really bad and pitted and just won't clean up with a milky tarnish and horrible surface.

Maybe getting this process on them is the answer!

Do you think the coating is "thick" enough to hide the pits in the chrome surface?

Thanks

Reactions: pburv
Nice!!! :D :D

Did they say anything about the heat affecting the dip? Or its guaranteed not to be an issue? My guess is the latter

I asked them this myself @azibux1 - the lacquer is heat resistant up to 200C, I'd suggest if your exhaust tips are that hot you've got other problems as the car's on fire! It's a really heavy duty coating, so should be more than adequate.

Looks ****** awesome!

hhmmm this could be the answer to my exhaust tips - the chrome has gone really bad and pitted and just won't clean up with a milky tarnish and horrible surface.

Maybe getting this process on them is the answer!

Do you think the coating is "thick" enough to hide the pits in the chrome surface?

Thanks

Yes mate, they prep the surface anyway, then a base coat before the dip so should be fine. You MAY have to pay extra for additional surface prep if it's really bad. And for those without carbon mirrors and bits, they do many other options including chrome and satin alu which might suit?

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
I asked them this myself @azibux1 - the lacquer is heat resistant up to 200C, I'd suggest if your exhaust tips are that hot you've got other problems as the car's on fire! It's a really heavy duty coating, so should be more than adequate.

Yeah I think that should do the job :p haha

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and batch
Carbon fibre.............well roger me sideways, I didn't see that one coming!! lol

Hats off Batch, they are VERY smart.

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv, batch and 1 other person
Have you thought on getting your alloys done in the same way?:yum:

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
They look stunning, well done mate.

Reactions: pburv and batch
They look stunning, well done mate.
Thanks @steeve - really happy. Even if you don't notice the carbon, from a distance they have a black chrome kind of effect which is equally smart!

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I put these on

Attachments

• DSC_0169.JPG
    DSC_0169.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 523
  • DSC_0175.JPG
    DSC_0175.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 502
Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Do those fit the S3 exhaust? if so, where did you get them and how much?

Thanks
If they're the same as the ones I've got, no they aren't a direct fit and require some modification to the existing pipes (basically just cutting back). Where are you based? I've got six for sale if you wanted them!