Aftermarket interior lighting pack.

Rod88

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Recently upgraded from A4 to 2019 A5 sport pack.

One of the things I miss from my A4 was the interior lighting pack which was a nice little extras that made the interior. Now I just have the plain white lights.

Is it possible to have the lighting pack installed? Is it a case the hardware is there but just disabled on the MMI, or would the entire lighting system need to be changed which obviously wouldn’t be worth the cost or effort?

Hi guys,

One of the things I miss from my A4 was the interior lighting pack which was a nice little extras that made the interior. Now I just have the plain white lights.

Is it possible to have the lighting pack installed? Is it a case the hardware is there but just disabled on the MMI, or would the entire lighting system need to be changed which obviously wouldn’t be worth the cost or effort?
I think this has been asked before, sure it's different lights not just an on or off in the mmi.

Yep - different hardware - and to fit is pretty much pull entire interior out.

someone did on here - or another forum.

Hi guys,

Hi Rod

Yes, its a complete rip out and replace of all the hardware (plus additional hardware) I'm afraid. All do-able but a big job:

Here is one I did on an S5 B9 pre-facelift (but same applies for facelift): S5 B9 Ambient Lighting and Keyless Entry Retrofits

Cheers. Andy.

Hi Rod

Yes, its a complete rip out and replace of all the hardware (plus additional hardware) I'm afraid. All do-able but a big job:

Here is one I did on an S5 B9 pre-facelift (but same applies for facelift): S5 B9 Ambient Lighting and Keyless Entry Retrofits

Cheers. Andy.
I've just bought door cards with the extended lighting, basically for the extended leather armrests , however I thought about transferring the extra lighting over .couple of questions please Andy
To transplant onto current car without coding would the work as just 1 colour?
And if I was to code in mmi what would happen with the standard footwell and centre console white lights .
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I've just bought door cards with the extended lighting, basically for the extended leather armrests , however I thought about transferring the extra lighting over .couple of questions please Andy
To transplant onto current car without coding would the work as just 1 colour?
And if I was to code in mmi what would happen with the standard footwell and centre console white lights .
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Hi,
No unfortunately it wont work with one colour as the wiring and where it is connected too is completely different. To be honest I have never tried it, but I'm very doubtful it would work.

The footwell lights and centre console lights would stop working until the full system is fitted (and the centre console white lights are replaced with the RGB ones).

If you have new leather door cards, thats a bulk of the work done out the gate, so not a huge deal to add the rest to get the full multi colour system. Drop me an email if you want to discuss with your VIN.

Cheers

Andy