1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket intergrated nav option

Ibis Rob Aug 2, 2016

1. Ibis Rob

Ibis Rob Member Team Ibis Audi A4 Black Edition

Been browsing Google looking at retrofits as you on your days off. Came across this sat nav, Bluetooth intergration option for us people unfortunate not to have MMI sat nav from factory but is 100% compatable with concert and symphony . Company is called dynavin and its suppose to be plug and play with the new screen been a touch screen. Any opinions. All info in this link

http://www.dynavin.com/products/dvn_a5.php

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. feva

feva Well-Known Member

Does look good but noticed it's Winced based, iirc think that is an old operating system.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

4. Ibis Rob

Looked good but if it's an old operating system then no point investing in it.

5. feva

feva Well-Known Member

Sure from my days on bmws wince is a Windows based operating system that was used on the older systems. Newer ones use android.

6. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A6 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group S tronic

It's old, 2008/2009 release from what I remember, I would have thought it would have been out of support by now. Windows 10 IoT is the current "embedded" OS from microsoft.

7. Ibis Rob

So really the best way forward is to retrofit fit the proper MMI sat nav if I want an intergrated system. I Should have held out for a car with sat nav when I was buying.

8. feva

feva Well-Known Member

Possible in time an android based one will appear. That's whats tending to be made now.

Couldn't find sat nav when I bought mine. But I use Here maps free sat nav, very very good. Constantly up to date.

Try it Rob.

Ibis Rob likes this.
  9. Ibis Rob

I'll give that one a go feva. I use google maps on the iPhone but I always end up holding the dam thing looking at the directions.

feva likes this.
  10. feva

feva Well-Known Member

I know Google maps now does off line. But here maps you can either download maps for wherever you want (free) use it completely offline or choose online which gives you traffic updates. Recently used it when my family and I travelled to Somerset, never missed a beat. Had phone plugged in whilst using it and it never drained the battery. It's not power hungry like some nav apps.

Ibis Rob likes this.
  11. TechNick

TechNick Well-Known Member

xcarlink offer a few options, including an integrated upgrade similar to the dynavin, along with options for mobile mirroring onto the car's display

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Ibis Rob likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. RyanJonS4

RyanJonS4 Drive It Like You Stole It

Isn't there an all singing all dancing alpine option? I'm sure I've seen it advertised on here

Ibis Rob likes this.
  14. xpoweruk

xpoweruk TTTS 8J Smile Machine Team Meteor quattro Audi TTS

EXSpartan36 and TechNick like this.
  15. TechNick

xpoweruk likes this.
  16. Ibis Rob

Has anyone on here actually got one of these fitted. Looks to be an impressive bit of kit. Head unit looks abit daft tho with the two big red square button but other than that's it's got everything.

17. TechNick

Yeah, the styling put me off when I was in the market for one last year, plus I couldn't see any smartphone mirroring capability. Overall, though, probably the best aftermarket option out there.
    There were several forum members that took up that offer within the link I posted up earlier - may be worth contacting them directly for their opinions on it

Ibis Rob likes this.
  18. Dado

Dado Active Member

1400€ is way too much to ask for. I wouldnt pay more than 500€ for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ibis Rob and feva like this.
  19. feva

feva Well-Known Member

Alpine are mega expensive set ups, the profit they must make I can imagine is alot.

Ibis Rob likes this.
  20. amafzal88

amafzal88 Member

I was looking at the Alpine option too when I bought mine without sat nav MMI and thought exactly the same. It was a bit much for an aftermarket system that actually changes all the controls and hence the 'Audi-ness' of the car.

So instead I went ahead and did retrofit of a facelift MMI 3G+ and I am glad I did that instead of any aftermarket solution, it is soo worth it if someone is willing to roll up their own sleeves and work on the car themselves, getting it done from retro-fitters can be dear!

Ibis Rob and TechNick like this.
  21. Ibis Rob

I've seen the retrofit costs for proper MMI and it's not by any means cheap. My problem in doing the retrofit myself is im not electrically minded although wouldn't turn the chance down to have a go at it and I wouldn't know all the parts required for such an intertaking.

If it's not too much to ask maybe you might post up the list of parts needed and costs that is involved.

TechNick and xpoweruk like this.
  22. amafzal88

amafzal88 Member

Yes it's not the cheapest option but if you compare the aftermarket options, its worth spending the same amount of money on a genuine audi system.

It cost me well under 800 quid considering I have now sold off majority of the bits that came out to set off some of the cost although I did not have to stump out 300 quid for the whole wiring loom from kufatec (you might be able to get one slightly cheaper from Carsystems.pl), so I would say budget for around 1000 - 1200 if you want to do this.

I did a full write up on my install at the link below:
    http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/symphony-to-mmi-3g-retrofit-done.274667/

TechNick and Ibis Rob like this.