Aftermarket HU -> DIS ?

moogie

Reaction score
Anyone know of any adaptors to be able to display FM/CD/MP3 info on the DIS screen with aftermarket HU's? I am aware of adaptors for the MF steering wheel, which I won't have, but not for the DIS screen..

I have already decided to upgrade the headunit pretty much as soon as I get the car, but haven't decided on the model yet. Any info on this subject is most welcome! Mostly I am ofcourse interested on info regarding the A3 8P /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

No there aren't any that integrate with the Audi DIS, though some do with the more common vehicles like Vauxhall etc. It's a pretty pointless feature and you don't notice that it's not there when running a decent (non Audi) head unit.

Thanks, this would have been my guess too. And yeah, it's not at all necessary to have one, but it wouldn't hurt either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ive still got the audi headunit and too be honest by force of habit i always look at the unit not the dis for track info anyway.

what models have the DIS? is it only the newer cars?

You need an active antenna amp detailed below. All Audi radio's have an antenna amp built into the head unit, which you lose when going aftermarket. antenna amp