Aftermarket headunit help.. Bose system.

Sounds to me like the the live remote fed isn’t connected. From memory it’s usually either (red or blue) cable. Find the wiring diagram of the headunit and find which is the live remote. Then you need to connect it to the correlating cable to the adaptor. In the old days you used to swap these cables over depending on what car you were installing the headunit into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I tried that. ( It's Blue ) still didn't power up. Stereo has been tested and does work. I've had the meter on the plug. It looks like I'm getting a permanent live but no ignition live .

Don't you have to run a new ignition live from the fusebox to the aftermarket stereo as oem Audi headunit uses canbus for ignition feed?

Reactions: S3AMJ, jbh and andrew_wright
Its a bit of a cheap move but i ran the remote live wire into the back on my aircon module haha! Just find the live and push your wire in. Worked a treat for 3 years haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I soldered onto the fused side of number 8 fuse (unused) from the fuse panel,got to it by removing driver's lower dash panel and fusebox back cover,for an ignition feed when fitting an aftermarket bluetooth,you could use that connection if it's the same as S3,just make sure you have/change the fuse to the correct rating for your stereo.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...ad-my-baby-is-home.261997/page-3#post-2766711