Aftermarket head units question

bradh

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Right guys a few of you have to be running these do you have issues with poor radio reception after fitting head units ? Iv got a booster in place and it's still pretty poor ware as the std audi unit was spot on chap at local Halfords said that he has had issues with audis rear window mounted aerial system

Any one got a good perm solution??

Great don't like the sound of this !! Lol

Think I might just buy aftermarket Ariel and run it up along the roof line and allow it to just sit under roof lining

I had this with my 8L, the best thing do is what bradh said, buy an aftermarket aereil and feed it through ya roof liner, once i had done this it worked fine with a shark-fin aereil

Any one got a good perm solution??
The Audi aerial system relies on being fed power through the antenna connector, so if there isn't an option to enable that on the aftermarket headunit then you need to buy an adapter that injects power onto the antenna lead (and wire that to the amp enable output from the headunit).

You need something like this Enfig AAA-VWAUD5 EnfigCarStereo.com

I was initially quite devastated when I changed my stereo coz I couldn't pick up kerrang, but I got a powered antenna booster from halfords and it's as good as before if not better.

right all sorted now would u believe it broken booster lol now have all my radio stations so well happy :)

right all sorted now would u believe it broken booster lol now have all my radio stations so well happy :)

Glad your all sorted! What booster are you using as i will try one of these.

Ah i've already got one of those, has improved slightly but not much, looks like it's still going to be tunein radio via bluetooth for a but longer then

My other option was to add a windscreen aerial or internal one tucked under the head lining should only cost few quid. Might be worth a try??

I did a double dinn conversion on a friends B7 many moons ago and that had the same issue, he tried a windscreen one that sat just above the mirror, he ended up fitting an external shark fin, once painted it looked fine and did sort out the radio, not worth headlining down for me though as i get more staitions through my phone app and it bluetooth's a treat.