Aftermarket Head Unit

mikep

Reaction score
Website
www.pragamtik-ict.co.uk
Has anyone out there managed to get the correct facia panel for the Sportback?

I bought an Autoleads one (FP-05-05) and its too damn tall for the gap and the angles on the sides are not right. The guys who supplied it said it was the closest they had and they could doctor it, at a price, but I'd rather have the right adaptor. If there is one out there yet.

Any ideas?

I called the dealer this afternoon, he said there isn't one! Unless the Sportback is different from the 3 door, but that would be daft, wouldn't it?

Autoleads have given me a part no for the 'correct' part, I'll have to order one in and see if it fits.

Audi definately has one for the sportback, as earlier I had one installed by the dealer. Don't know the partnumber though..

Ah, just spotted the facia adaptor in my storage and remembered this thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The part number is 8P0 035 459.

[ QUOTE ]
I called the dealer this afternoon, he said there isn't one!

[/ QUOTE ]

now if only i got £1 for every time i heard that from a dealer...

The part number '8P0 035 459 trim for radio aperture 1-DIN' is shown in the Audi etka parts catalogue as the same for both 3-door and Sportback models.

Just as a point of reference all Autoleads products are shyte. None of them fit properly including their speaker adapters.

I'd like to see what a really nice looking non-standard head unit looks like.
Something classy and understated.

The ones I've seen so far,including my MD's Sony headunit in his TT (with Bose) are a bit 'flash'.

Something like this (just an example)

cdxdab6650.gif

Anyone handy enough with a PC to transpose this onto the photos of the interior above ???