Aftermarket DRL headlights

chris199

Reaction score
Hiya guys av done a bit of searching on here but can't find any info, what I'm wanting to know is I'm planning on buying a set of drl headlights for my avant ones with projectors already fitted then I'm planning on fittin a hid kit to the headlights before fitting them to my car, now has anybody done this and had any issues with light error codes coming up ? Also I would like to hard wire the drls so there on the whole time what's your thoughts on this :)

any feedback would be much appreciated cheers

Got a pre owned set in my garage with HID kit attached, was planning a b7 conversion for my b6 but don't know if I can be bothered haha. Drop us a pm if interested. Fair few people have fitted and far as I know they have built in resistors with no errors, HID kit might bring something up but I'm sure people have a way around that too.

Would you let me know how you get one please?

Just fitted LED's to my DRL's, supposed to be error free. But they're not, so I gotta get some resistors.
They do look great along with the LED sidelight bulbs and factory HID's.
LED foglights next..........

Last edited by a moderator:
The HID's will be fine.

For the LED DRL's, I used an 'add-a-circuit fuse splitter' and ran power from the ECU fuse. Never had any issues and where the ECU stays on for ten seconds after turning off it imitates the 'going away' feature some have.

29lojkz.jpg