Aftermarket Double Din Head unit

jimmy S3

Reaction score
I ve seen a double din kenwood sat nav/dvd/cd player and wondered could it be fitted to my S3 with concert stereo, would i have to get a plastic panel to go round it and would the colour match. Or should i just get OE sat nav

I have the kenwood sat nav dvd double din and I had to use the new a3 double din stereo surround and modify it as you cant get one for our model.

IMG_3431.jpg

thats exactly how i want it, mines the single concert stereo if i move the climate control down will the double din stereo fit in or will i have to get a double din cage, what panel did ya use

don't quote me on this but i do belive you can't just move the climate unit down, the one that sits in the middle is a different part no to the one at the bottom. I think it's slightly smaller as the dash curves in at the bottom.

I shaped the air con unit to fit, the single din cage I modified and rivited in the kenwood cage.

yep, can modify the climatecontrol with something like a dremel.

You can do as HODD has said or you can just get a double din cage but iirc they are about £60.

Very neat install there HODD

For the best finish go for the factory stuff as you can't get it perfect modifiying the new shape a3 surround.

This is exactly what I was going to do with mine but went for a single din setup instead. I managed to swap my double din cage and climate control unit for a single din setup.

I would have liked to have done the double din replacement and I have an A4 fascia that I started to mod to do it but not really that bothered about sat nav or video so decied to do the single din approach.

Only downside is that I have a double din Symphony 2 unit I can't put back in when I eventually sell the car...

<tuffty/>