aftermarket bluetooth mic and road noise

Hi All,

Fitted an aftermarket bluetooth mic, placed where the OEM bluetooth mic was located. However, during a phonecall the person on the other end notices a lot of road noise. I've tried placing a 'microphone windscreen' over the mic. Not much difference.

Any thoughts on how to fix this issue? Can I rewire the OEM mic to the aftermarket Headunit?

Cheers!

George Kost

For my aftermarket Bluetooth module, I first rooted the mic on the oem position on the vanity light.
I had really bad sound from the mic.

I then placed it behind the steering wheel. Excellent sound and you can barely see it.

I also ordered an oem mic clone but it didn’t work at all. When I disassembled it, I found out that it had a small pcb in it except the mic itself.
So it might work in a different way than the simple jack mic or I might received a faulty mic.

Attachments

• 450913F6-8A65-42D2-9F34-3A3CBE4A6833.jpeg
    450913F6-8A65-42D2-9F34-3A3CBE4A6833.jpeg
    267.6 KB · Views: 33

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Which head unit?

For my aftermarket Bluetooth module, I first rooted the mic on the oem position on the vanity light.
I had really bad sound from the mic.

I then placed it behind the steering wheel. Excellent sound and you can barely see it.

I also ordered an oem mic clone but it didn’t work at all. When I disassembled it, I found out that it had a small pcb in it except the mic itself.
So it might work in a different way than the simple jack mic or I might received a faulty mic.

Not bad, but surely theres a solution to placing the mic without having road noise.

Which head unit?

It's a Pioneer AVH-Z9200

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Installed android, oem, pioneers & fitted where stock mics go using aftermarket mics, not had that issue reported.

Hmm, if I remove the map light cover and drop the mic into the cabin it vastly reduces the road noise. Think it could be the mic? I believe its one from a connects2 kit that comes with the adapter harness/cage etc.

Mrb.Suffolk

I’m having the same issue, I stuck mine to the screen just by the mirror. Will attempt to move it to the steering wheel.

Attachments

• 7740403F-1183-449A-911D-11C2F743EE87.jpeg
    7740403F-1183-449A-911D-11C2F743EE87.jpeg
    395.3 KB · Views: 8