1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket Amp. Getting power to it?

Nathan Russell Sep 30, 2018

1. Nathan Russell

Nathan Russell Active Member Team Phantom Team V6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

Anyone out there that has fitted an aftermarked amp and sub in the boot and tips on how / where to get the power cable through the firewall?

It’s proving a right issue.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. OliNix

OliNix Active Member

From the battery, around the inside of the wing and through the door grommet, then down under the door sills to the boot.

If you have Bose, just splice into the sub pre out and run it to your amp. Simples.

Nathan Russell likes this.
  4. jay1601

jay1601 Well-Known Member

Remove the pollen filter outer cover

Top left is a small grommet remove and feed the wire down behind the glove box and some the door kick plate trims

If you remove the old standard sub should be enough space to hind your amp away I retained the standard Bose amp aswell as powers the other speakers in the car

for the REM wire I used the cig lighter in the boot as only comes live with the key on.

Can get a pic tomorrow of the grommet I used if you want.

Attached Files:

5. OliNix

OliNix Active Member

Always wanted to sink the sub into the luggage/wheel well compartment! Was it awkward to fit? Or did you buy a fitting kit?

6. Nathan Russell

Nathan Russell Active Member Team Phantom Team V6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

Nice one guys. Jay I have my sub in the wheel well compartment as well. Looks tidy and completely stealth when the floor is back down!

7. jay1601

I tried to do it on one was far too tight when trying to remove

Made in 2 pieces giving access to spare wheel and like Nathan says when the floor is back down loses no boot space

Attached Files:

8. Nathan Russell

Jay. I’ve been trying ages to get the wire through that grommet. Can’t seem to get it through there. Even using a coat hanger. Any tips? Doing my head in.

9. jay1601

What size cable you using mate ?

My cable was pretty much the same size of the grommet hole just took the whole thing out.

10. Nathan Russell

I must be going for the wrong hole. My cable is maybe 5mm thick but the grommet I took out was mayb 25mm / 30mm.

Any chance you could grab a picture tomorrow?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  11. jay1601

Remove the pollen filter filter
    Take out the filter
    2 10mm nuts and your see a little grommet to the left if you use this one comes right out next to the blower motor nice and easy access (once glove box is removed)

Attached Files:

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Nathan Russell

Awesome thanks man. That’ll be a massive help!!!