After Sales In- Warranty Service any advice please

Heathercoral

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am new to posting I usually just lurk and soak up knowledge from others... but today I could really do with some advice.... I am so dissapointed about my latest Audi A3 from The Carshop in Swindon I need reassurance I am still safe to drive it.
I bought my A3 as a returning customer to Carshop, I had a 2009 Audi in grey previously from them which I PX'd for a 2010 in Red.
It is a lovely car just like my 2009 model but has 6 gears instead of 5.
It has jumped out of gear on but only on seven or so occasions and only in low gears probably 1st pulling away or 2nd turning right over the past 3 months.
I assumed initially it was my inexperience of having 6 instead of 5 gears but as it continued to randomly pop out of gear into the second month of owning it, and when I actually saw the gear knob jump from the corner of my eye I reported it to Carshop within their 3 month warranty period. My problem is that it will not replicate the fault to order and they have 'looked' at it twice now and say it is afe to drive and no apparant fault.
I am not happy and despite them saying wait till it develops a more serious fault we cannot do anything.
I have also had my time wasted driving miles from Abingdon to Swindon twice now to have them look at it.
I did ring and ask a gearbox mechanic his advice and he said it was most probably something inside the gearbox and looking at it externally would not show anything.
I have complained to them but this is their response:

Miss Woodward

Thankyou for your email.

We have had your vehicle inspected by our workshop technicians to try to recreate the fault with the vehicle slipping out of gear on occasions.

On the test drives we were unable to recreate the fault and decided to have an independent inspection carried out on the vehicle.

As you have seen on the report they also did not experience any issue with the vehicle fault on the gearbox. Unfortunately we were unable to supply the inspector with any evidence of faults as we have not been provided a report from your garage indicating they had experienced a fault.

The gearbox has not been stripped as the vehicle has been deemed roadworthy by an independent inspection we will not be proceeding with this. We are asking you to monitor the situation and CarShop can investigate further once the fault becomes more apparent.

Your vehicle is available for collection and return of the loan vehicle that was provided.

Please arrange for the vehicle to come back to Swindon and for collection of your vehicle tomorrow, Thursday 26th September.

Kindest regards

Graeme

Graeme Vincent
Customer Experience Advisor

Hi

Having worked at new and used car dealers for the last twenty years if there is fault with the vehicle up to a year since purchase they are responsible as the car is not "fit for purpose" or of "merchantable quality" make sure you take the car in and make them record the instances you have been there, which Im sure they will and also put it in writing that you are unhappy with the way the car drives and keep it documented by written media and always send via recorded delivery.

Thanks Simon

to me it sounds like there doing everything i would expect them to do

they wont rip the box out at cost as they cant see the fault so id say either pay to have it stripped and inspected
or wait till it gets worse.