after market head unit for A3

I

imported_neilsafc2

I have a query with regard to my A3, Moro Blue, ive had it 6 months and love it loads but have come to the point that i want to change a few things. I want to change the radio, I did upgrade the speakers to bose speakers and like the sound they produce but now fancy a after market radio/screen. I have the concert radio as standard and i fancy putting in a radio with a 7" screen, it doesnt necessarily needto have sat nav as im not sure i would use it but like the radio with the screens that come out when you switch it on (hope im making sense) and look like a normal radio when switched off. Can anyone point me in the right direction to one which may be sutible. As you can probably tell i am a bit of a novice when it comes to all this.

Many thanks for any help you can give me.

not bothered on cost to be honest with you, just wondering what sort of prices im looking at, to play dvd's would be good but not essential same as to play tv channels.

which one is the best for use with just a dvd/playstation, not really fussed if it is sat nav or not

[ QUOTE ]
neilsafc2 said:
which one is the best for use with just a dvd/playstation, not really fussed if it is sat nav or not

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey mate....

I am expecting delivery of my Alpine IVA D300R tommorow. Its the 7" screen that retracts into the headunit and plays DVDs and you can hook up the PS2 to it.

When i get it i will let you know what the quality is like....I am gunna post up pics of my completed install anyway so you should see it then.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
MikeyD-S3nut said:
[ QUOTE ]
neilsafc2 said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey mate....

I am expecting delivery of my Alpine IVA D300R tommorow. Its the 7" screen that retracts into the headunit and plays DVDs and you can hook up the PS2 to it.

When i get it i will let you know what the quality is like....I am gunna post up pics of my completed install anyway so you should see it then.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers mate, ill be interested to see what it looks like, I really fancy getting one and will be good to see one installed.

I would get them off ebay if you can, much cheaper. My brother got the Pioneer AVH-7500 for £700 brand new. They cost over £2000 in high st shops. Or you can get them from US, again half the price but only downside you won't be able to play uk dvd's on it.

cheers, i think ebay might be worth looking at, is it a bit cheaper. How easy is it to set up a playstation and is it just a case of popping dvd's in it to play them or do you need additional software? ha ha as you can tell im such a novice with this. and can you just get sat nav dvd's which you put in and works with each unit?

£700 for a headunit that is £1250 at cost from Pioneer is an amazing bargain, sounds like it fell of the back of a lorry.

My brothers one was £700, brought from a guy in uk who originally brought it from america. All legit, checked it out. I can forfit not being able to play UK dvd's if i'm saving almost £1500. And even most of the ones on ebay are legit, again they've been checked out. So no they didn't fall of a truck. And even if they did.........?

RastaS4, sorry there is no way to keep the DIS display of radio station/ cd track. I don't miss it in the slightest, nor do I miss the abysmal sound of the original equipment audio.

[ QUOTE ]
garethj said:
RastaS4, sorry there is no way to keep the DIS display of radio station/ cd track. I don't miss it in the slightest, nor do I miss the abysmal sound of the original equipment audio.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, soon after enjoying quality audio you'll have forgotten that is was ever there! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

RastaS4, if you glance about a foot to your left there's a display actually on the HU that tells you everything. How many times do you really need to know what radio station your on?
You'll also get track name displayed on the HU, which is slightly more useful than the limited DIS.
Just do it, you won't regret it.