After market exhausts

Bobstar

Reaction score
I have a new S1 on order and have been looking at exhaust options because from what I had heard on my very short test drive and videos I have seen the exhaust tone is ok but a little too tame for a real drivers hot hatch of this kind.

I previously had a limited edition Vauxhall Corsa VXR which came with a remus system, it was a thrill to drive especially playing with the throttle to try and get it to crackle, it got the blood pumping on a cold start and reminded you your in a hot hatch not a everyday run about.

I got a quote from my local tuner for a full miltek exhaust system for around £1900 fitted.

A couple of things I have considered is warranty issues and declaring to insurance which will raise the premium probably by £500+ for me, so it's likely not going to be a option during early ownership, is anyone else looking to updade the exhaust system?

Yeah I went from a clio 197 with stainless exhaust manifold and full milltek system so it was completely decatted. It used to spit flames out the back and was really noisy. I do really miss the noise. I feel, even with a performance exhaust, my s1 will never sound the same. I do like the Supersprint exhaust because it doesn't have the electronic valve on the back like the milltek system. Maybe next year lol

Were a dealer for Milltek and also Scorpion exhausts if you would like a quote then please feel free to contact me

Regards

Pat

Hi,
If you need any help with insurance at all for a modified car then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

i got a quote for £1500 for a milltek exhaust, but i may just end up buying an mr2 for a summer car for the same price!

Having had a £1500 MR2 as a toy car last year I strongly recommend it!

Anyone heard the Armytrix valve Tronic on the s3?! going to e mail SB Racing and see if they can make one for the s1

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
I'd lose warranty for that any day

Reactions: Ian Whiffen