After a A3 TDI? one chipped to 200BHP on eBay.

that looks lovely mate, real sweet, get bidding :)

I seriously do not think you could get 200 break from a standard 1.9 with no other modifications than a chip.

Not only that but it would eat front tyres.

Correct me if I wrong anybody

john2garden said:
I seriously do not think you could get 200 break from a standard 1.9 with no other modifications than a chip.

Not only that but it would eat front tyres.

Correct me if I wrong anybody

I think a realistic figure is around 170-180BHP from a PD130 after a remap, maybe Jabba's rollers are a bit Optimistic?

Mmmm...i think 200bhp is the stuff of dreams..

the 130bhp has a smaller compressor wheel than the 150bhp version, so if VW needed a larger compressor just to get to 150 then its pretty unlikely that a turbo with smaller compressor could get near to 170 let alone 200...

Audi S3 origional Alloys (18inch)!!!!!!!

i think not.

from jabbas website
Standard BHP:130
Jabba BHP: 181 - 194
Standard Torque: 229
Jabba Torque: 310 - 320*

200bhp and 442nm of Torque

the torque has gotta be wrong, it does say on the website that with an uprated clutch the torque could be higher.

Yes, i agree, BHP is calculated as a function of torque and rpm so a very (!) high torgue gives a distorted high BHP but i dont believe either to be honest. The fast remains that the standard turbocharger will not support that kind of air mass flow.

Unless of course the car was being RR'd on a day when hell had frozen, pigs were flying and the moon was blue... :no:

JABBA's rollers are way out from what i keep hearing!

batwad said:
Maybe the rollers were sloping downhill:undwech:

PMSL, so was the actual rollers rolling on the road?

S3tony said:
it does say on the website that with an uprated clutch the torque could be higher.

How is that possible? does the clutch have some sort of reduced gearing or something?

jojo said:
How is that possible? does the clutch have some sort of reduced gearing or something?

No, just there's a known limit to the torque of the PD130 clutches. If you've got an uprated clutch Jabba will wind things up a bit more than they would without it.

Jabba's rollers are optimistic. Remapped Seat Ibiza Cupras (150bhp) regularly make 200bhp on them after one of their 'custom' remaps. My well fettled REVO'd A3 only got 192bhp on AMD's and that was probably a bit on the high side. I think Jabba's rollers are 5 - 10% optimistic, but that's just my opinion.

Apart from the BS figures it looks quite a nice car .........so i would be happy with that and most people buy diesels for economy so as long as it performs that way i would be happy

the BHP is just pub talk really......all that torque for urban driving will be awesome!

and just as a side note a mapped PD150 will not reallistically make more than 185 BHP, so saying a standard 130 will make 200 is pure BS.

jojo said:

An uprated clutch can tolerate higher torque, so they could map accordingly. It's not the clutch itself that creates higher torque.

ive been looking at that and i emailed the guy and he said he will accept around £7500, i realy like the car but i though that the bhp n torque was a bit wrong but he says that i can go look at it and take it for a test drive etc to prove thats in full working order, but i just need to sell my car first

so is this a good price then???