After 3 years my A3 is going !

ANNANBHOY

Livin' It Up !
Reaction score
and to be honest i cant wait ! i loved the car at first but now im starting to get bored with it !

You jammy git !
I'm green with envy.
I've still got 10 months to go.
No reduction for good behaviour either.

ANNANBHOY said:
and to be honest i cant wait ! i loved the car at first but now im starting to get bored with it !

What are you going for instead?

I'm still undecided what to replace mine with...decisions, decisions, decisions...

ordered an A4 Tdi S-line Special Edition 170bhp !

chrome mirrors, S4 wheels, Ipod, Armrest etc !

cant wiat

ANNANBHOY said:
ordered an A4 Tdi S-line Special Edition 170bhp !

chrome mirrors, S4 wheels, Ipod, Armrest etc !

cant wiat

EH ?!?!?!?

You're bored with your A3 so the answer is to order another one ?!?!?!?

Sheeesh...

A pint of Audi coolant.
Just put a glass under any A3 and it's free !

Come on they aren't that bad - not all the time anyway!

And what do people buy after an Audi (A3)? I've had mine near 2 years now... been thinking in maybe another year I might change my car for something new. Only thinking.

My change is 2 years away, by which time the new A4 should be out :)

wilko said:
Come on they aren't that bad - not all the time anyway!

And what do people buy after an Audi (A3)? I've had mine near 2 years now... been thinking in maybe another year I might change my car for something new. Only thinking.

I'm already looking,even though it's at least 10 months away.
It's difficult as many of the competitors are due new models.
For example,I would expect the X-type jag to be rejigged soon.
Same with the Honda Accord.
The new Mondeo will be out soon(ish).
I would expect Saab to come out with something new soon too as the 9-3 is long in the tooth.
Really,the only competitors that aren't due a model update/change are Alfa (159),Lexus(200),BMW(320),Volvo(C30).
I suppose you could add the Honda Civic to that too,if you look upon that as an A3 competitor (I do).

I certainly won't be able to wait for the new A4 though,as my car must be renewed end of this year/start of next.
We could extend the lease for another year pending the new A4 but,frankly,I'd rather dangle my sack over a bandsaw...

I thort about an alfa gt before the a3, but...

And bowfer... each to their own hey?! (dangling sacks, mondeo's, and saab's, mmmmm interesting choice of words!)

Good choice
I sold the A3 S-line TDI 140 2006 for a A4 TDI s-line about a month ago.

Should have never brought the A3. Love the A4 apart from the clutch judder and idle shaking ( another story )

The difference in drive is like night and day.

My mate has just picked up his new A3 sport 56 plate and he has noticed the road noise. He came from a 02 A3 sport.

The A4 is a lovely car

I do still prefer the looks of the GT to the Brera.
They're still selling well too.
Outselling the Brera,at the dealer my mate works at anyway.

No use for us with kiddees though,tragically.

Bored over the christmas period I thought I would pop down to the local Lexus garage that has opened up near where I live.

Lovely looking cars but they are a tad pricey and the room in the back is non existant.

Kinda put me off.

J.

marriedblonde said:
Bored over the christmas period I thought I would pop down to the local Lexus garage that has opened up near where I live.

Lovely looking cars but they are a tad pricey and the room in the back is non existant.

Kinda put me off.

J.

they come with a lots of things as standard though where as Audi & BMW would have them as extras. the IS was cheaper then my A4 ! not much room in the back of the A4 either but as u say not much in the Lexus either

The headroom/legroom was an issue for me, there's more room in the back of my A3 than the IS...

Yes the sport comes leathered as standard but isn't the diesel versoin £27k?

J.

marriedblonde said:
The headroom/legroom was an issue for me, there's more room in the back of my A3 than the IS...

Yes the sport comes leathered as standard but isn't the diesel versoin £27k?

J.

nah im sure its £23 or £24k cant remember to be honest

The Lexus diesel sport is expensive and has a really high CO2 rating,so it's a company car non-starter for me.
Shame,coz I like the looks.
You need the sport as the gearing is shorter than t'other models.
The non-sport models are hopelessly over-geared,which gives you a nice relaxing cruise and good MPG,but hopeless performance.
The Mark Levinson stereo option has to be heard to be believed though.