After 14 weeks of wishing my life away...

daviscup

Reaction score
Its finally here!!

S3010.jpg

S3006.jpg

S3001.jpg

Collected it first thing Monday morning and had a few fun hours getting to know the car. Bad news is had to fly to France this morning to work and wont be home until Friday night. Grrr! Sorry not that many photos but didnt really have time to take any.

Lucky you! Your car has finally arrived, and it look great! Like the colour of the seats :icon_thumright:

Haven't got my S3 yet, but i should get it next week hopefully as mine is build week 38 and i seem to remember yours was week 37?

I am build week 45.....man, it seems like a lifetime away......I've gone for your interior and exterior colours too........looks amazing!

rxt80 said:
I am build week 45.....man, it seems like a lifetime away......I've gone for your interior and exterior colours too........looks amazing!

You are lucky mate, only having to wait two months, for me it will be almost 3 months from when i ordered the car to when i am able to collect it :sadlike:

I suppose.....still seems like forever! It was due to be delivered in February (!) but apparently Audi bought some factory in Europe, allowing more S3's to be made.......pushed it forward by 3 months! :rockwoot:

I found myself behind a sprint blue one in traffic this morning. As Tony the tiger would say "They're great!"

Amazing, very good quality pictures too! Which camera did you use?

Thanks for all the comments guys. Totally loving the car so far. Compared to my Type R its in a completely different league. Everything feels so much more solid and tactile. Turbo woosh and exhaust noise is addictive! Camera i used was a Ricoh Capiol R4, just a wee cheap digital jobbie.

Nice car.. get in run in and then give it some :yahoo: !

-Sal-

sjahS3 said:
Nice car.. get in run in and then give it some :yahoo: !

-Sal-

To hell with running it in I've been giving it some right from the start! Though only when oil is fully warmed and not above 5000 rpm. :laugh:

I notice you went for the rubber floor mats......good plan!!

Our dealer has an offer on at the moment....front and rear rubber mats, rear boot mat and 4 mud guards for £200....I'm thinking we should go for it but have never seen mud guards on any S3's before.....not sure how it will look.

rxt80 said:
I notice you went for the rubber floor mats......good plan!!

Our dealer has an offer on at the moment....front and rear rubber mats, rear boot mat and 4 mud guards for £200....I'm thinking we should go for it but have never seen mud guards on any S3's before.....not sure how it will look.

Got them thrown in as part of the deal. No way I was gonna pay for them! Mud guards??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!

don't worry I won't! Rubber mats are a must though.....not that anyone will be getting in to the car with their shoes on..... :)

rxt80 said:
don't worry I won't! Rubber mats are a must though.....not that anyone will be getting in to the car with their shoes on..... :)

You sound as fussy as me. I have my girlfried tortured warning her to be careful getting in and out of the seats so she doesnt wrinkle the bolsters, parking miles away from shops so there are no cars anywhere near mine etc. Think this car might be the end of us!!! :)

Try as you might, the bolsters will wrinkle.

JohnS3 said:
Try as you might, the bolsters will wrinkle.

Yeah kinda figured they would but I guess telling people to be careful wont hurt. When I got it home the girlfriend asked me to take it over to her sister so she could have a look. O.K I said and off we go. Arrive at sisters workplace and she gets in and starts touching everything with her big ****** false tan covered hands! Then she parks herself half in/ half out of the car, right on top of the bolster, and starts yapping on to my girlfriend about what she got up to the night before! Needless to say a few choice words were growled as her... :asskicking:

daviscup said:
You sound as fussy as me. I have my girlfried tortured warning her to be careful getting in and out of the seats so she doesnt wrinkle the bolsters, parking miles away from shops so there are no cars anywhere near mine etc. Think this car might be the end of us!!! :)
.....at least you'd have a pristine S3 though :) it could be worse!