Affecting warranty - lowering, spacers etc...

teslaboy

Mythos black RS3 8v FL
Reaction score
Probably a silly question, but I note a few threads on here about various mods to your newly purchased 50k RS3's.
Any of you guys worried about invalidating your warranties?
I'd quite like to lower mine and perhaps fit spacers but I'm worried about affecting the warranty.
Any experience here from you guys?

Obviously it would be nice for a remap, but unless it's offered via Audi then this definetly will be a warranty issue.

With warranty you void the part you change. Lower the car and risk voiding the suspension warranty.

Remap the car, you will lose your engine and drivetrain warranty. But they couldn’t not pay out for an electrical fault inside the car, you wouldn’t lose 100% of your warranty but with a remap you lose the part you need most.

Reactions: DJAlix
For some, like me, it's likely to be a timing issue. There are few tuning fans who buy a new car with the intention of modifying it after 3, 4 or 5 years. For one, life is too short and two, the urge to tune too great. Either you must accept the warranty risk with the benefits, warranty aside, of a new car or you buy something out of warranty and play with it. Fortunately we have the choice but, as with most things, it's difficult to have your cake & eat it.

Reactions: Terminator x, D0C and FBF01
I’ve kinda ‘been there, done that,’ with the whole modding and then warranty worries with my previous car...

Lots of hardware and cosmetic changes, a few different remaps and then all of a sudden big problems start developing throughout the marque and I’m not covered...

That’s whats lead me to the RS3... so on the end might have worked out for the better

With the car I had modded, all the fun and enjoyment went out of it with the ever increasing problems and reports and also the worry of it was always in there back of my mind

I’ve kinda ‘been there, done that,’ with the whole modding and then warranty worries with my previous car...

Lots of hardware and cosmetic changes, a few different remaps and then all of a sudden big problems start developing throughout the marque and I’m not covered...

That’s whats lead me to the RS3... so on the end might have worked out for the better

With the car I had modded, all the fun and enjoyment went out of it with the ever increasing problems and reports and also the worry of it was always in there back of my mind

Yep that was what I was worried about.
The only thing I might look at is revising the springs for a better look.

I did get a previous S3 remapped via Audi themselves thru Richter sport. Went in for a service one day and noticed amongst the advertising for Audi supplied extras such as roof rails etc they were offering 'Performance upgrades' well that's a no brainer! £500 for an extra 45bhp and it's was warranty assured. That's was a few years back via M25 Audi and they're not doing it now. Typical.

An Audi approved tune at a good competitive price and nice gains would be jumped on my many owners for sure

Reactions: FBF01