Aero Wipers...Where from!?

kaz219

Reaction score
Hi guys.

After a set of good quality aero wipers but at a good price too.

Dont want to be paying something like £50 a wiper, but just something good/clears the screen well with minimum glare marks and fairly cheap :D

Cheers :D

Just get them from Audi mate - I got mine there and they are no more expensive than the ones in halfords

Just aks for discount/trade

Hmm...

Many good points but how much are OEM ones?

If they're a lot dearer than the ones steveg recommended, then might just go for the eBay ones...If they do the job, then i dont see how you can go wrong.

But if its just a few quids, then I'll go Audi and grab some!

dolface i was after flat aero ones :D

Cheers Guys :p

They are not dear lad - just give them a ring in the morning and ask!

I'd go with what Boydie said, defo go for OEMs

don't agree - they're fine!! but if you want to pay Audi prices (no-one appears to want to do so for anything else!!!) - then fine

£20.70 +VAT a set from vagparts, will be a little cheaper with AS.net discount

we (all!) need to use the 'quote' function so we know what reply is to. If VAGparts are £20 some plus VAT that's £25 or so if they are originals that's a good deal but still nearly twice my 3rd party price!
And I guess it's wear (salt, twigs, leaves, grit) that kill 'em so whatever - twice the price probably doesn't equal twice the life

we (all!) need to use the 'quote' function so we know what reply is to. If VAGparts are £20 some plus VAT that's £25 or so if they are originals that's a good deal but still nearly twice my 3rd party price!
And I guess it's wear (salt, twigs, leaves, grit) that kill 'em so whatever - twice the price probably doesn't equal twice the life

Did you have OEMs before you went to the 3rd party ones...

if so, were there any disadvantages in the 3rd party ones?

Cheers

Did you have OEMs before you went to the 3rd party ones...

if so, were there any disadvantages in the 3rd party ones?

Cheers
None I can see. Replaced factory ones (January delivery) in September - they were getting a bit streaky. So they did 8 months, the new 3rd party ones have done three. Guess I'll tell you in May!!

Cheers...Ill properly look into this after my remap.

All my attention seems to be there atm :p

Will let you know what i do in a few days

None I can see. Replaced factory ones (January delivery) in September - they were getting a bit streaky. So they did 8 months, the new 3rd party ones have done three. Guess I'll tell you in May!!
Me again! Mid February and the cheapos are beginning to go streaky. Mind you they have had some use (and ice!) these last 6 weeks!

I thought I'd read that VAGParts had gone bust. Certainly their normal website does not seem to be available.

Personally I would always go for OEM parts if possible. Where is the logic of buying a reasonably expensive car and going for cheap add-ons.

I thought I'd read that VAGParts had gone bust. Certainly their normal website does not seem to be available.

Personally I would always go for OEM parts if possible. Where is the logic of buying a reasonably expensive car and going for cheap add-ons.

I heard they're under a new name now but not 100% on that.

OEMs arent really all that thats why i was asking about.

The Bosch Aerotwins sound good and had Bosch for 2 years on the TT and they're as good as new..They're about the same price as OEMs :S

Might have to try a set - hopefully this months :D