aerial on my a4 avant?

Neil Conlay

Reaction score
Hi, a few weeks ago whilst driving my radio stopped working, it is as if it needs tuned it, i can hear the radio but it is very crackly, can someone tell me where my aerial is and if this can be fixed? also my cd player plays 1 cd out of every 100, not sure if this is related but its endless all the same, any help would be much appreciated, thanks, Neil Conlay

I think the ariel is those orange things in the back 2 windows that look like heater matrix. Also there is a sub/amp behind the right hand panel when you open the boot

yeah ive seen the sub and amp, will it have something to do with it?

its nothing to do with the sub amp
theres an aerial amp think its in the rear upper level these can go and cause problems

Bez101 is correct, if you remove the passenger side boot trim there is an ariel amp located under the trim panel, this is more than likely the problem....

ahh thanks very much i'll look into this and update you with the results, cheers ;)

I'd be interested in your results as I'm having similar issues with mine, keep us posted! (In fact the 2 Audis I've had have always had crap reception and speaker issues!)

i dont see any aerial box on the passenger side of the car, is it where the sub and amp is? this is on the drivers side of my car. any does anyone know what im actually looking for?

As stated before, it is on the passenger side, you need to remove the entire passenger side boot trim (major job - almost the entire boot and parts of the rear seats need to come out)....

Once that is removed you will see a box just behind the top of the inner wheel arch with wires going into the rear side window, this is the ariel booster.... remove and replace.....

Hope this helps....

does it look like this?

KGrHqRmE6JkJR8HBOivFhf6B_12.jpg

yep looks like that

looks like i will have to do this job on my car, the cd is fine, but the radio duz keep going off now and then,,,
it seems to happen when i have had the roof down, or opend the boot??????
i have pulled the radio out and somtimes it starts to work againe,,,

looks like i will have to do this job on my car, the cd is fine, but the radio duz keep going off now and then,,,
it seems to happen when i have had the roof down, or opend the boot??????
i have pulled the radio out and somtimes it starts to work againe,,,

The cabs anntenna is in the boot lid.
The loom is known to break near the hinge. Check the wiring first

beat me to it
yes its usaly the wire thats broke on the cab
very easy fit 21 quid from audi