Advise on alloy wheel - photo's inside

Ash B

Reaction score
Ok started like this
photo-13.jpg

photok.jpg

Now like this, as you can see its still dirty and it wont move even with a bit of elbow grease.
So just wondering what products would you guy's recommend? Thanks
DSC04123.jpg

DSC04122.jpg

DSC04121.jpg

DSC04120.jpg

Hi Ash,

If that is tar you could try Autosmart Tardis and if that doesn't move it you could try claying it?

James

Try the tardis stuff but you could be just as well with WonderWheels but its a harsh chemical but for the best results get then powder coated from someone like First Aid Wheels (if you're nr London its drive in) and they will come back perfect for about £50 per wheel.

If you're going to scrub away don't let your work go to waste polish and seal / wax the rims it will help you keep them clean.

Alex

I hope I'm wrong but some of the staining/marks left on the inner of the wheel look like corrosion to me, as previously posted try spraying on some tar remover and leave to soak until agitating/wiping off

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the split rim BBS alloys have a polished lip? If so I wouldn't use wheel acid on them as it will burn/tarnish the lip

Last edited:
Try the tardis stuff but you could be just as well with WonderWheels but its a harsh chemical but for the best results get then powder coated from someone like First Aid Wheels (if you're nr London its drive in) and they will come back perfect for about £50 per wheel.

If you're going to scrub away don't let your work go to waste polish and seal / wax the rims it will help you keep them clean.

Alex

From Cardiff Fella bit of a distance lol. They are being refurb by my mate for £150 just asked if i could give them a clean before dropping them down. Cheers for the help

I hope I'm wrong but some of the staining/marks left on the inner of the wheel look like corrosion to me, as previously posted try spraying on some tar remover and leave to soak until agitating/wiping off

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the split rim BBS alloys have a polished lip? If so I wouldn't use wheel acid on them as it will burn/tarnish the lip

Correct they do have a polished lip. The inner marks are tar and some sort of double sticky back material guessing from the weights. I dont use any sort of acid on my wheels. Will try the tar and claying if no luck will have to go to my mate as they are haha:happy: he just being lazy really

looks like corrosion has started to develop so a full refurb would be needed as the problem will only get worse.. will end up looking like these

P1110894.jpg

They are having a full refurb by my mate he just wanted me to give them a good clean before i drop them down. Cheers for the help

I'll sort you out brosef! :wub:

Haha good lad:wub::thumbsup:

Get them refurbed Ash - they look like they've caught sumet of a hooker in a back alley ;)

Get them refurbed Ash - they look like they've caught sumet of a hooker in a back alley ;)

:laugh: i will fella dont worry. I'll split them this week or next send the rim to be polished and the rest for a refurb my current alloys need a refurb so might aswell get them done while im at it and my rear bumper haha:happy: