Advise needed: 8V S3 retrofitting B&O mid to Audi Sound System

larbel

Reaction score
I recently brought the B&O tweeters and midrange for retrofitting into my 8V S3 sedan with 10 speakers ***, the shop suggested that the mids should just tap into the front door bass in parallel... I've already gotten all the parts, but upon giving it some more thoughts, it just doesn't sound right, although the shop had installed more than a dozen like this, I still have my doubts.

Would the *** stock amp has enough juice to push the extra mids without overheating? I know they said they have no complaint so far, but that doesn't mean something wouldn't blown in a longer run. I tried to look for the *** amp's spec, but I couldn't find any mention of the part number with ETKA at all, only the B&O Amp is there.. Does the *** even has a separate amp???

Another option would be connect the mid to the bass speaker in series? But doubt that would be an upgrade at all, any advise on if I should even bother with this? Or should replacing the D&M A pillar tweeters and the front center with B&O about the only thing I can do to this system? Advise needed please... Thanks!