advice

Radical2301

Reaction score
Hi all

Only got my Audi couple of days ago, been looking at xtron headunit, planning on installing a rear camera. Just seeing what headunit people recommend, anyone have a eonon unit? What are your views?

I had an Xtrons unit in my previous A4 and it was pretty average. It had a lot of functionality, bluetooth and navigation etc but the sound quality was poor, the radio reception was none existent and the user interface was dog slow.
I know have a Pioneer SPH-DA120 head unit with Apple CarPlay in my S4 and its streets ahead of the Xtrons unit and it was only about £50 more expensive.

Thank you for your reply, I have a JVC KW-V30BT but when I tried to fit the cage i couldn't secure it. So I thought xtron would be perfect fit but again didn't know how the features were, my dad has it in his focus and the service is shocking! The only thing with the pioneer is I have an android phone :/. I defiantly want a touch screen with navigation etc but for max around £300 do you have any suggestions or is the pioneer perfect so far?

I use a Kenwood DNX 5240bt, perfect for what I want, sat nav by Garmin with map up dates via a dvd, Bluetooth and a DVD player. I also have the optional iPod cable and digital TV tuner. I expect you could pick up a used one for your budget.

I use a Kenwood DNX 5240bt, perfect for what I want, sat nav by Garmin with map up dates via a dvd, Bluetooth and a DVD player. I also have the optional iPod cable and digital TV tuner. I expect you could pick up a used one for your budget.
I've looked on eBay and the pictures look attractive but like the Xtron how steady are they! Must admit the kenwood does look pretty neat! Thanks guys!!!

This is my Kenwood installed, it's my second one and works faultlessly, obviously you get what you pay for and any of the recognised makes Kenwood, pioneer and alike should give you a decent piece of kit.

Looks very neat!!! Yeah I do agree with stick to the brand you know, I have the bose system too so I don't want to lose the quality either, I looked on eBay for this piece of kit going cheap, so might have to take xtron off my list, I have an android phone samsung galaxy note 5, mirrorlink doesn't exist on this phone anymore, which is why my jvc is no good to me, what newer models are out? Might be able to spare a few extra.

Mirror link is a nice feature but I have no use for it, as ong as you phone is Bluetooth then music or digital radio can be streamed, I suppose it could be of use for google maps but I have always found the inbuilt sat nav to be more than capable on the few occasions I have needed it

Mirror link is a nice feature but I have no use for it, as ong as you phone is Bluetooth then music or digital radio can be streamed, I suppose it could be of use for google maps but I have always found the inbuilt sat nav to be more than capable on the few occasions I have needed it
Yeah the mirrorlink was handy but why samsung took it away I don't know! But yeah I would use the built in sat nav might have to do some online shopping.