Advice please

Randomjim

Reaction score
Starting to get bored of 125bhp. I've built up some no claims and i'm thinking its time for a new car. I want to keep it vag preferably another audi. What should i get? I'm 21 with 4 years no claims.

Definately something with a 1.8T!!!
My wife is 22 and drives a 1.8T Sport A3. Insurance is only £500 for her fully comp.

Was thinking of an s3 maybe, insurance wasn't too bad for me on them. How would an a3 1.8tq compare?

Think thats the way forward. What sorta money am i looking for a decent one?

Depends how old, for a facelift probably 11.5k

For a pre facelift you should find a tidy one for 9.5-10k

Is there any advantage from the facelift? other than the lights an that which can be swapped over i guess.

i thought that when i bought it but i quickly grew to like the manual sequential shift on a fast bit of road - with the added lazyness of auto for traffic jams!

i reckon s3 too, and you can tune it as much as you want to. s4's are cheap on ebay at the mo, seen them around the 7k mark lately, insurance would be a lot i suppose. i just got quoted £1002 fully comp on a Y reg rs4! im 33, full no claims with 3 points.

Yea insurance on an s4 would kill me and petrol costs. I got quoted a grand fully comp on an s3 225 and im 21 with 4 years no claims an no points. I though that was pretty good.

i will shop around more when ive bought one, at least i know thats the most it will be! and 1k isnt bad for a 21 yr old in an s3! most 21 yr olds drive fibreglass ****** up saxo's - so its good to see you have an exellent taste in cars :thumbsup: i bought an audi 80 quattro when i was 19, my mates were gutted - most of em had MG metro's !!

Cheers buddy so do you :beerchug: i hate saxo's with a passion!!!! 80 quattro at 19! thats good going. My insurance is with elephant there pretty good.

Do you know what the difference between the 225 S3 and the 210. Remap would get about them to about the same figure right?

dont know much about s3's. i assume the facelift was 225? but a decent remap and a hadlex controller should make it a lot of fun!

i hate the saxo lot too. trouble is their tiny light vtr's are quite quick and they think they are the doggs, i'd like to race one on a wet bendy country B road, id like to see one keep up then - but they get scared if they leave the town centre!